cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flexible PEX hose.

doughere
Explorer
Explorer
My new rig uses a braided flexible hose for some of its piping that is the same size and uses the same connectors as pex hose. Lowes/HD don't have any braided hose this size.

Does anybody know a source for this as I'm trying to do some modifications??

Thanks,
Doug
16 REPLIES 16

avarusbrightfyr
Explorer
Explorer
I had issues replumbing some of my lines with the braided PEX. Soaking the end in some hot water for a few minutes makes it very flexible for a bit.
2019 34' Minnie Plus Travel Trailer
San Diego, CA

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
HydroMaxx Flexible Non Toxic Clear High Pressure, Reinforced, PVC Braided Vinyl Tubing is rated 150 PSI

psneeld
Explorer
Explorer
Reinforced vinyl tubing is most certainly used for portable water plumbing. Both in RVs and boats.
2019 Winnebago Outlook 23C

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is flexible hose that is rated for pressure. I have it in my 5th wheel and found replacement hose at Ace Hardware.

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Vinyl tubing is for fish tanks, not pressurized plumbing.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hose clamps are for rubber engine radiator hoses, not house plumbing.

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
When our rig was built, the plant was stocked with cross-linked vinyl tubing for flexible connections. Unfortunately, they seemed to be out of barbed fittings for the connections. They used typical PEX fittings, and clamps. Leaks randomly appeared throughout. The first few I changed replaced the crimp rings with gear clamps. This solved the problem, short term, but I eventually changed out every brass fitting that had vinyl connected to it.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
The flex hoses may have been special made for the RV maker.

Highly unlikely !

Do not use plain vinyl (un-reinforced). Hot weather and mild pressure will make it swell and fail !

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
I'd go to Sharkbite connectors Pex to 1/2 INch IPT and use flex hoses with screw on connectors. In fact. I'm going to.
+1

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The flex hoses may have been special made for the RV maker

I'd go to Sharkbite connectors Pex to 1/2 INch IPT and use flex hoses with screw on connectors. In fact. I'm going to.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well I found a couple of spots in my RV where the highly trained factory technicians just forced the vinyl tubing on without barbed fittings and hose clamped it. How did I find these spots, by looking for the leaks of course.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Hondavalk wrote:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/HydroMaxx-1-2-in-I-D-x-5-8-in-O-D-x-50-ft-Braided-Clear-Non-Toxic-High-P...

Yeah but I could never get PEX clamps to work with vinyl tubing, you have to use barbed fittings and a regular hose clamp.

Yes that is what I used also. I got tired of my poor water pressure and dropped the underbelly and found the hose between the tank and pump kinked in 2 places.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hondavalk wrote:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/HydroMaxx-1-2-in-I-D-x-5-8-in-O-D-x-50-ft-Braided-Clear-Non-Toxic-High-P...

Yeah but I could never get PEX clamps to work with vinyl tubing, you have to use barbed fittings and a regular hose clamp.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper