cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any Bundutec Bunducamp Owners Here??

Dagwood_55
Explorer
Explorer
Surely someone here owns a Bundutec Bunducamp poptop TC.

Whatcha think?? Give me the skinny....

Thought I wanted a Northstar 850SC till I started investigating the Bundutec.
10 REPLIES 10

JD5150
Explorer
Explorer
billtex wrote:
JD5150 wrote:

I'm just speculating on what happen. I'm not sure how a Bundutec is built but I do own and operate a water damage restoration business and know what moisture can do to a structure.

Then you should be smart enough to to run from this one...

Less seams the better. Full fiberglass Hallmark or Outfitter for a pop up or Bigfoot, Northern Lite for a hard side

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
JD5150 wrote:

I'm just speculating on what happen. I'm not sure how a Bundutec is built but I do own and operate a water damage restoration business and know what moisture can do to a structure.

Then you should be smart enough to to run from this one...
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

WyoBull
Explorer
Explorer
I looked hard at a Northstar 850SC when we narrowed it down and we ended up getting a Northern Lite 8.11 SE after my wife spent a little time in it. So, so much for a pop up which is the direction I wanted to go.

Love the Northern Lite but for me personally, if I were to get another camper, and specifically a pop up, I would probably get a 4 Wheel Camper. My plan would be to leave it on the truck full time and never take it off. I could have easily bought the 850SC but at the time was not really familiar with 4 Wheel Campers.

Just goes to show you, there is never "the one" perfect truck camper.
2017 Ford F350 XLT Premium CCSB 4x4 6.2 gas 3.73 rear end, 4226 lbs payload
2017 Northern Lite QC 8.11 SE
Torklift tie downs, Torklift Fast Guns, Torklift Upper Stableloads, Airlift 5000 Ultimate air bags, Airlift WirelessAIR onboard compressor system

JD5150
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
JD5150 wrote:
I have seen two used Bundutec campers have some delamination with the aluminum sides.

Are the aluminum sides composite with something else, or how does aluminum delaminate?

I guess I should say that differently. I think it is aluminum sides but not totally sure. What looks like happen that someone maybe took it off road and maybe jiggled the sealant loose where the sidewall meets the roof. Rained a few days later and moisture got in between the aluminum and the wood on the side wall. It caused bubbles on the sidewall in the thin aluminum where the wood swelled from moisture...or the glue between the two lost it's adhesion. Moisture looked like it have been trapped between the two. Both were 2016 models that were up for sale.

thedavidzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Bundutec is made by Rex Willet's (Northstar) brother, Rory.

I saw one at the recent TC rally in Quartzsite. Looked really nice and it was highly customized for a flat bed.
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
JD5150 wrote:
I have seen two used Bundutec campers have some delamination with the aluminum sides.

Are the aluminum sides composite with something else, or how does aluminum delaminate?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

JD5150
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure if Bundutec offers the pinch rolled fiberglass sides. If they do that is what I would get. I have seen two used Bundutec campers have some delamination with the aluminum sides. I have not seen a used North Star have delamination. I'm sure there are some but they use a lot of high quality glue when they do their sidewalls and I think they do have a new updated pinch roll machine. Fiberglass exterior won't dent like aluminum if you get caught in a hail storm.

I do believe either company will stand behind the camper you buy. I would not be scared to purchase either

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Interesting from their website. Seems to be really connected to Northstar. Based on these details, I wouldnโ€™t be afraid of buying one. Iโ€™d choose based on features/price.

I will say the BundeutecUSA website needs a new webdeveloper. Sure itโ€™s probably fast on a really fast connection, but on my connection, itโ€™s one of the slowest Iโ€™ve ever seen.

Located in NE Iowa, the heartland of the United States, Rory Willett founded BundutecUSA, Inc. in 2013 after retiring as president of Northstar Campers. It was a 40-year long career in the family business that began in the early 60โ€™s by his grandfather Tex Willett. Northstar grew to one of the top truck camper manufacturers in the USA, powered by his designs and engineering experience. With that much experience behind BundutecUSA models, you can be assured that your camper is going to be solid and dependable for worry free camping with a brand new look!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Dagwood_55
Explorer
Explorer
Can you give specifics? Why one is better than the other?

Thanks,

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
I think you would be better off with the Northstar product, Rex Willet builds and backs a great TC.