Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Any Bundutec Bunducamp Owners Here??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Any Bundutec Bunducamp Owners Here??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Dagwood_55

Atkins, Ar

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/20 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Surely someone here owns a Bundutec Bunducamp poptop TC.

Whatcha think?? Give me the skinny....

Thought I wanted a Northstar 850SC till I started investigating the Bundutec.

GeoBoy

Bennington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/20 02:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think you would be better off with the Northstar product, Rex Willet builds and backs a great TC.

Dagwood_55

Atkins, Ar

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/20 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can you give specifics? Why one is better than the other?

Thanks,

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/20 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting from their website. Seems to be really connected to Northstar. Based on these details, I wouldn’t be afraid of buying one. I’d choose based on features/price.

I will say the BundeutecUSA website needs a new webdeveloper. Sure it’s probably fast on a really fast connection, but on my connection, it’s one of the slowest I’ve ever seen.

Located in NE Iowa, the heartland of the United States, Rory Willett founded BundutecUSA, Inc. in 2013 after retiring as president of Northstar Campers. It was a 40-year long career in the family business that began in the early 60’s by his grandfather Tex Willett. Northstar grew to one of the top truck camper manufacturers in the USA, powered by his designs and engineering experience. With that much experience behind BundutecUSA models, you can be assured that your camper is going to be solid and dependable for worry free camping with a brand new look!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

JD5150

Anywhere

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/20 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not sure if Bundutec offers the pinch rolled fiberglass sides. If they do that is what I would get. I have seen two used Bundutec campers have some delamination with the aluminum sides. I have not seen a used North Star have delamination. I'm sure there are some but they use a lot of high quality glue when they do their sidewalls and I think they do have a new updated pinch roll machine. Fiberglass exterior won't dent like aluminum if you get caught in a hail storm.

I do believe either company will stand behind the camper you buy. I would not be scared to purchase either

* This post was edited 03/27/20 03:56pm by JD5150 *

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/20 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JD5150 wrote:

I have seen two used Bundutec campers have some delamination with the aluminum sides.

Are the aluminum sides composite with something else, or how does aluminum delaminate?

thedavidzoo

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/20 04:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bundutec is made by Rex Willet's (Northstar) brother, Rory.

I saw one at the recent TC rally in Quartzsite. Looked really nice and it was highly customized for a flat bed.

2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

JD5150

Anywhere

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/20 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

JD5150 wrote:

I have seen two used Bundutec campers have some delamination with the aluminum sides.

Are the aluminum sides composite with something else, or how does aluminum delaminate?

I guess I should say that differently. I think it is aluminum sides but not totally sure. What looks like happen that someone maybe took it off road and maybe jiggled the sealant loose where the sidewall meets the roof. Rained a few days later and moisture got in between the aluminum and the wood on the side wall. It caused bubbles on the sidewall in the thin aluminum where the wood swelled from moisture...or the glue between the two lost it's adhesion. Moisture looked like it have been trapped between the two. Both were 2016 models that were up for sale.

I'm just speculating on what happen. I'm not sure how a Bundutec is built but I do own and operate a water damage restoration business and know what moisture can do to a structure.

WyoBull

Wyoming

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/20 03:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked hard at a Northstar 850SC when we narrowed it down and we ended up getting a Northern Lite 8.11 SE after my wife spent a little time in it. So, so much for a pop up which is the direction I wanted to go.

Love the Northern Lite but for me personally, if I were to get another camper, and specifically a pop up, I would probably get a 4 Wheel Camper. My plan would be to leave it on the truck full time and never take it off. I could have easily bought the 850SC but at the time was not really familiar with 4 Wheel Campers.

Just goes to show you, there is never "the one" perfect truck camper.

2017 Ford F350 XLT Premium CCSB 4x4 6.2 gas 3.73 rear end, 4226 lbs payload
2017 Northern Lite QC 8.11 SE
Torklift tie downs, Torklift Fast Guns, Torklift Upper Stableloads, Airlift 5000 Ultimate air bags, Airlift WirelessAIR onboard compressor system

billtex

RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/20 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JD5150 wrote:

I'm just speculating on what happen. I'm not sure how a Bundutec is built but I do own and operate a water damage restoration business and know what moisture can do to a structure.

Then you should be smart enough to to run from this one...

2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Any Bundutec Bunducamp Owners Here??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.