cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camping in ohio

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone in ohio camping with this stay in place order. we would like to get out and go to a couple private campgrounds that are open.
16 REPLIES 16

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if SIP means you shouldn't go home to your own house.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Tough crowd.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Went camping last night. Havenโ€™t had the time to in forever, but thanks to covid 19 finally have a bit of time not already scheduled for something necessary.

Fed land though. Itโ€™s not closed yet.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
On great, another geezernet.com finger waving thread.
Some of you should go camping before you chew the corner off your lazy boy or something.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
troubledwaters is inconvenienced by Corona virus?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley

Since where you live has no shelter in place order you are not violating any orders. However the OP is in an area that has a shelter in place order. In short the OP should obey the order.
In short they want to limit an interactions.
The OP will require, food, fuel, water etc. for the trip, he may have a flat, or a breakdown along the way.
All of these things require interactions that can potentially spread the virus.
Staying home eliminates all the potential interaction risk of camping.

??? Ohio has been under a order for a while now. these are the only reasons were to be out. The parks are currently open for exercise only. Were also threatening to close the parks do to the lack of social distancing.
DeWine said the order allows exceptions, such as going to the grocery store, getting restaurant carryout, going to a park (but not use of playground equipment), taking care of neighbors or family members and attending weddings and funerals
"

rdhetrick
Explorer
Explorer
troubledwaters wrote:
rdhetrick wrote:
I guess some people will always think the rules are for everyone else but them.
Since you already addressed the OP I'm going to make a WAG and guess you are addressing me. So I'll just put this out there. Where I live there are no rules against camping. There are rules for social distancing, gathering in large groups, etc. I can certainly can do that in a campground provided my neighbors don't come over and insist on invading my space.

I agree wholeheartedly that a campground is a good place to be, and if you're not under a stay in place order, then by all means, go camping. However, when the OP started off indicating that there is a stay in place order where THEY are at, your response to have them call the campground seems to imply that the stay in place order over THEM is irrelevant, therefore the rules don't apply to everyone.
Rob - Solo Full Timer
2017 Winnebago Travato 59G
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
troubledwaters wrote:
rdhetrick wrote:
Since you already addressed the OP I'm going to make a WAG and guess you are addressing me. So I'll just put this out there. Where I live there are no rules against camping. There are rules for social distancing, gathering in large groups, etc. I can certainly can do that in a campground provided my neighbors don't come over and insist on invading my space.

Since where you live has no shelter in place order you are not violating any orders. However the OP is in an area that has a shelter in place order. In short the OP should obey the order.
In short they want to limit an interactions.
The OP will require, food, fuel, water etc. for the trip, he may have a flat, or a breakdown along the way.
All of these things require interactions that can potentially spread the virus.
Staying home eliminates all the potential interaction risk of camping.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
rdhetrick wrote:

rdhetrick
Explorer
Explorer
Rob - Solo Full Timer
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
troubledwaters wrote:
Next time call the campground instead of RV Net and you might get your question answered.

To answer your question, yes we did and yes they are open . thats your answer.

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
Next time call the campground instead of RV Net and you might get your question answered.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
rdhetrick wrote:
Merrykalia wrote:
Shelter in place. Stay at home. Leave the campgrounds that are open (there aren't many) for people who HAVE to use them because they have no home. (full-timers)

Exactly!

Agree!

rdhetrick
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
Shelter in place. Stay at home. Leave the campgrounds that are open (there aren't many) for people who HAVE to use them because they have no home. (full-timers)

Exactly!
Rob - Solo Full Timer
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E