cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bathroom fan

doughere
Explorer
Explorer
My bathroom fan is on a wall switch; this turns the fan on and off, but you still need to open the vent manually (too high for wife to do).

Is there a fan/vent unit available that turns on the fan, and opens the vent when powered on, and then closes the vent when powered off. There are covers that can be installed to allow the vent to stay open; I'm not a fan of them.,

Thanks,
Doug
14 REPLIES 14

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
doughere wrote:
There are covers that can be installed to allow the vent to stay open; I'm not a fan of them.

Thanks,
Doug

Iโ€™m of the opposite opinion, I canโ€™t believe they still make RVโ€™s without them installed right from the factory. I canโ€™t think of a single situation where youโ€™re better off without one.

To each their own........

My Maxxair has a sensor to close the lid in the event of rain, works great. When the rain stops, and you want to open the vent again but the sensor is still wet, you can switch the sensor off in order to open the lid. So far so good...

Then, it begins to rain again, but the sensor is now bypassed...

I now have a cover.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I installed a Maxxair vent with 4 speed motor, electric open/close, remote and rain sensor on my first RV. I loved it. If it started raining at night I never had to get out of bed to turn it off. The lid closed and the motor turned off. I could also change the air flow direction and speed while laying in bed. On more than one occasion, I was away from the RV when it started to rain and I never had to worry about everything getting wet.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
doughere wrote:
There are covers that can be installed to allow the vent to stay open; I'm not a fan of them.

Thanks,
Doug

Iโ€™m of the opposite opinion, I canโ€™t believe they still make RVโ€™s without them installed right from the factory. I canโ€™t think of a single situation where youโ€™re better off without one.

To each their own........

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
29070 BARKER MFG. ROOF VENT STICK USED TO OPERATE MANUAL RV VENTS
review1 Review(s)
Your Price: $19.61

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Stik-Roof-Extension-Handle/dp/B01DPU0DZI

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
rrupert wrote:
I think Fantastic Fan has models that do that.

yup
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Maxxfan and Fantastic Vent fan both do what you want but are expensive. A notched piece of PVC pipe might make a usable extension.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Extension to reach high vents
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
rrupert wrote:

Yes and even better is the Fantastic Fan with the remote - its super fast to open and close Model 7350 Roof Vent
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We had a MaxxFan 1200T on our MH. We traded it for a new MH, I went to get a new MaxxFan 1200T to put on our MH and found they are no longer made. Anyone know of a used one available?
Sure would like one.

Dusty

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
doughere wrote:
Is there a fan/vent unit available that turns on the fan, and opens the vent when powered on, and then closes the vent when powered off. Thanks,
Doug

Yes. Google: Maxxair Smoke Corp 00-04500K Maxxfan Plus Vent 14" 12V
2010 Suncruiser

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, one thing that came to mind is fabbing up some kind of handle/extension that would fit over the vent knob. :h