cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Corpus Christi/Rockport/North Padre

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
I'm looking for an RV campground in the North Padre Island area for 2 or 3 nights. I'm looking for something with a nice water view at a reasonable price. I saw one private park there for $42, but it was just a parking lot a half mile inland. I also see there are some county, state, and national parks. If they are still open that might be my solution. Who has stayed in the North Padre area at a park they enjoyed? Good value for the price.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
9 REPLIES 9

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why would you not spend money in Port Aransas. They are not doing anything that many others cities have already done, AND there was reported cases in that area following spring break !

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
winniman wrote:
I think you are going to find more and more of this as things unfold. Small towns are looking to take care of themselves. They don't have resources for large amounts of outsiders. It wasn't that long ago that the Rockport area was hit by a hurricane. They were probably still just getting back to normal, now this. This is why full timers need to get somewhere fast, and stay there.

You make a valid point. There's not a lot of fun in touring the country if I can't do much once I get to a new area. And it is cheaper to rent by the month. I'm paying $30 a night at the RV park where I am today. I can rent 1 month here for $300. That's about 20 free nights, minus some electricity. Maybe I have to bunker down until this country becomes a little bit free again.

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
DallasSteve wrote:
chris3403 wrote:
RV's not welcome in Port Aransas
I knew this when I made my prior post however I forgot to post it.

Chris

Thanks for posting that.

Note to self: Don't spend any money in Port Aransas.

I think you are going to find more and more of this as things unfold. Small towns are looking to take care of themselves. They don't have resources for large amounts of outsiders. It wasn't that long ago that the Rockport area was hit by a hurricane. They were probably still just getting back to normal, now this. This is why full timers need to get somewhere fast, and stay there.

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
chris3403 wrote:

Chris

Thanks for posting that.

Note to self: Don't spend any money in Port Aransas.

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know all the parks in detail, but almost everywhere I've been does not have an actual view of the Gulf from the campground.

There is a dune running almost all the way up the coast, and the campgrounds are behind the dune.

There are a few places on the islands where someone camp on the actual beach, but they are (1) boondocking with no hookups ro facilities of any kind, and (2) not for heavy rigs, probably less than 6,000 lbs. would be bests.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Check the corpusfishing.com website. The fisherman have the updated information on the parks and seashore.

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
Chris

I checked the national seashore and it is open for day use and closed for overnight camping because the Coronavirus only comes out at night. Or maybe it's because the people running the parks are stupid.

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
Currently you can not camp in the county or State Park. State park closed yesterday. I don't know if National Sea Shore is still open or not.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.