cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verizon's free 15gig

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I got a text from V that they are giving all their customers 15g extra data. I don't see that yet on my data usage, and nobody working chat today.

Anybody else?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
33 REPLIES 33

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon is giving me another 15GB data until June, on top of the 15GB they already gave my for April. I hope it keeps up, as I often use my phone as a mobile hotspot when my Internet connection starts having hiccups. ๐Ÿ™‚
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
mr. ed wrote:
Verizon's plan with unlimited data would cost $70/mo, compared to my current $35/mo. I'm not keen on spending more money these days, but since Internet service is important for me, I would opt for the higher plan.

If you are looking at the Prepaid Verizon Unlimited plan, it does not allow its use as a mobile hotspot.

Thanks for the heads up, Tom, but I called the local Verizon store and was told the $70 plan does include use as a hot spot. Of course, I will check further before committing.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
mr. ed wrote:
Verizon's plan with unlimited data would cost $70/mo, compared to my current $35/mo. I'm not keen on spending more money these days, but since Internet service is important for me, I would opt for the higher plan.

If you are looking at the Prepaid Verizon Unlimited plan, it does not allow its use as a mobile hotspot.

Thanks for the heads up, but I called the local Verizon store and was told the $70 plan does include use as a hot spot. Of course, I will check further before committing.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:

You do know that Visible was created by Verizon, don't you? No, Visible would not exist without Verizon because it's a Verizon product.

"Everybody" knows that Verizon created and owns Visible. That does not keep Verizon from upgrading their regular offerings to keep people on their more profitable plans. Which do you think they make more on? The $25 unlimited Visible plan or the $70 Verizon plan? Good business to throw a few gb to their regular customers? No?

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
mr. ed wrote:

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I got a text from V that they are giving all their customers 15g extra data. I don't see that yet on my data usage, and nobody working chat today.

Anybody else?

My data usage and allowance hasn't changed either (what I see on my phone in "settings"). I'm assuming I will be allowed the 15g since that's what's been promised. I still regularly check what my phone says about data usage, but nothing's changed yet. I agree it's hard now to get live support.

I'm interested in using my phone as a mobile hotspot long term, due to an often flaky Internet service I have at my location. Verizon's plan with unlimited data would cost $70/mo, compared to my current $35/mo. I'm not keen on spending more money these days, but since Internet service is important for me, I would opt for the higher plan.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
MrWizard wrote:
Visible is Verizon

True, but they are also draining off customers from Verizon Postpaid ad Prepaid. Where does Verizon make most of its money?

Just saying that competition from "anywhere" might convince the parent company to upgrade their bread and butter lines. Would Visible exist without Verizon?

You do know that Visible was created by Verizon, don't you? No, Visible would not exist without Verizon because it's a Verizon product.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Explorer II
Explorer II
Verizon saved my rear with the extra 15G.

Both DW and I have been working from home for the past few weeks on our satellite internet from Viacom. Our contract provides 40G/mo and then throttles back. On average, we generally use 12G to 14G/mo surfing the net. We blew through our 40G allotment in a little over 2 weeks yesterday. Now my work VPN chokes on the slower speed. I turned on the Verizon hot-spot yesterday to get us through the day.

We'll limp along on the hot-spot until we burn that up. Now we are rationing data like we do TP.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Well, yesterday we hit our 15 G on our unlimited plan and we got throttled back. . . no free 15G for us. What gives?

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
TMobile is giving 20gb mobile hotspot free for at least till the end of April.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
Visible is Verizon

True, but they are also draining off customers from Verizon Postpaid ad Prepaid. Where does Verizon make most of its money?

Just saying that competition from "anywhere" might convince the parent company to upgrade their bread and butter lines. Would Visible exist without Verizon?

MrWizard
Visible is Verizon
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
They may be feeling the heat of competition from the Unlimited plans available from companies like Visible?

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
My "unlimited" Verizon data plan throttles back to 3G speeds after 15GB of usage in a month. The Verizon site says that they will add up to 15GB of 4G data to my plan if I go over.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP