cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Closure Threads

dedmiston
We have been trying to funnel all of the Coronavirus discussions (including park & campground closures) into one thread in Around The Campfire (ATC). The ATC moderator agrees that this has been a success with respect to the COVID discussions, but we're changing tactics on the park closures.

We will now be allowing posts for park & camp closures here again. Please keep your discussions on-topic. The two topics that have been problematic so far are discussions of politics and nutty home remedies & cures.

My sympathies are with all of you who have had to cancel upcoming trips and even more so with you who are already on the road, fulltiming, or permanent campers. You all have my well wishes.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
15 REPLIES 15

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Most state RV parks in Arizona remain open. Visitors centers and group sites are mostly closed. From the few parks that are closed it would appear it's related to type of park. The ones where sites are very close to each other are closed. Those that are spread out far apart remain open.

Developed forest service campgrounds are closed. Dispersed camping is open.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
We just hit this trying to make a reservation in Connecticut for our last night before getting home. Campgrounds are not considered "essential" as hotels are, so we are forced into a parking lot or rest area along Rt 95 in New England.

Anyone with knowledge of RVing would have made the order "only for overnight stays" recognizing that people want to get off the road and into their homes, but many do not want to sleep in rest areas.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Virginia issued a Shelter In Place/Stay At Home Directive today. One provision of note for campers:
Effective April 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m., cessation of all reservations for overnight stays of less than 14 nights at all privately-owned campgrounds, as defined in ยง 35.1-1 of the Code of Virginia.
Havenโ€™t checked, but I suspect other states, at least in the East, may have similar provisions in their latest issuances. Might be difficult for some snowbirds to get home, but taken literally, the Executive Order just bans reservations of less than 14 days, thereโ€™s no ban on non-reserved short-term camping at private campgrounds mentioned. Seems likely to be some confusion for a while.

EDIT: Maryland also issued a new Order today that closed all campgrounds and other โ€œRecreational Establishments
2013 RT 190-Popular

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Florida is installing border checkpoints to catch NYC, NJ, CT and New Orleans people entering the state: USA Today

As a Floridian in a low infection part of the state all I can say is: "What took so long to do this?"
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
X2 dissapointed to see virus info shut down or thrown on arc and then those shut down.I say leave it be. The TT person has different issues than the MH and dies the snowbird and the full timer. Let them post where they can get answers from people in same situation. We have snowbirds here that can NOT go home because NY is under quarantine.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

dedmiston
mgirardo wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Please don't lump everything into one thread. Makes it very hard to keep up with and impossible for people to stay on subject (since there are so many).
JMHO.

Scott

And MHO as well. It's silly to lump all the discussions into 1 thread. Just make a forum for COVID-19 for all discussions. Once it passes, close the forum down.

-Michael

Lighten up, everyone.

That wasn't my idea, and I haven't lumped any threads together in this forum.

ATC is very different than this forum. Apples and oranges.

Please keep the conversations constructive and be safe.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Threads about campground closures arenโ€™t as much about the virus as the logistics for those currently on the road or hoping to be able to camp before too long. Shutting down all the closure threads was an over-reaction. Good to see that policy has been reversed.
2013 RT 190-Popular

caver
Nomad
Nomad
Yep virus thread and move it all there. Who reads ATC?

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Please don't lump everything into one thread. Makes it very hard to keep up with and impossible for people to stay on subject (since there are so many).
JMHO.

Scott

And MHO as well. It's silly to lump all the discussions into 1 thread. Just make a forum for COVID-19 for all discussions. Once it passes, close the forum down.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
President Trump said at a press conference this afternoon that they were considering closing NYC and some of the surrounding area. He refused to go into details saying it was still being discussed.
No quarantine was imposed, but the CDC issued a Travel Advisory urging residents of NY, NJ & CONN to refrain from non-essential travel for 14 days.
2013 RT 190-Popular

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Oh please. I just perused the ATC forum and all of the C-19 threads are closed. I also noted that the non C-19 threads were not closed. Hmm. You mods obviously want zero C-19 discussions. Reminds me when Marcus told the world he didn't want certain people as customers, those posts were also closed.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
JMHO.

Scott

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
1) campedium has a running list of state park closures and maybe more
2) President Trump said at a press conference this afternoon that they were considering closing NYC and some of the surrounding area. He refused to go into details saying it was still being discussed.
Here is a link: Quarantine of NYC, parts of NJ and Conn.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

dedmiston
magicbus wrote:
Much appreciated by one who must be on the road to get home (or be homeless in 4 days).

Dave

Godspeed Dave.

Other Dave

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230