cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jensen 212T Radio Problem

plattpd60
Explorer
Explorer
My Radio will not come on. It does not even show the time. It seems to have occurred after I used the (Storage/Use) toggle, switch because the Radio worked before that. It doesn't seem to have power, but all the lights in the camper work after putting the switch back to the use position. I tried toggling it back and forth a few times but it didn't help. Not sure if the Radio has a separate fuse or not. Anyone have suggestions?
16 REPLIES 16

Bruce_Brown
way2roll wrote:
plattpd60 wrote:
I just want to find a better one that will fit right in and hook up with no problems.

Size should be a double din. Shop around on Crutchfield and give them a call. Tell them what you have and that you want a plug and play replacement. They will tell you the models that will work. Then you can either order from them or do some comparison shopping. I will say that the people at Crutchfield know what they are doing. I've ordered a few things from them and they always supply installation instructions as well ans any wiring harnesses to make the install easier. Amazon won't do that.

^^^ This.

The sizes are standard and there are many plug & play adapters now for the wiring.

My guess would be for **much** less than your trip to Alpine House you could upgrade your system and still have $$$ in your pocket.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed a Pioneer touch screen with apple car play and a back up camera. I have a dedicated monitor of the cameras. They do make radio that are also monitors. Shop around. Anything is better than a Jensen.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

plattpd60
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
plattpd60 wrote:
I just want to find a better one that will fit right in and hook up with no problems.

Size should be a double din. Shop around on Crutchfield and give them a call. Tell them what you have and that you want a plug and play replacement. They will tell you the models that will work. Then you can either order from them or do some comparison shopping. I will say that the people at Crutchfield know what they are doing. I've ordered a few things from them and they always supply installation instructions as well ans any wiring harnesses to make the install easier. Amazon won't do that.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

plattpd60
Explorer
Explorer

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
plattpd60 wrote:
Does anyone have information about the upgrade radio JRV9000R replacement for the JRT 212T?

Replacing a Jensen with a Jensen? Some reviews indicate a lot of the same problems. For about the same money you could get a Pioneer, Kenwood or Sony. I mean, if you are going to replace it, why not replace it with a reputable brand?

plattpd60
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have information about the upgrade radio JRV9000R replacement for the JRT 212T?

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
plattpd60 wrote:
It does have power to the radio and I did try the reset button. I read on a Forum that there is an upgrade radio I can get. I have and appt at Alpine House to have it checked out on Apr 14th.

Still need some clarifying info, like what year, is this a camera/radio? If it's just a radio there are thousands of replacements in any price range. If it's a camera/radio, there are still lots of upgrade options to choose. I got my Pioneer from Crutchfield. Their customer service is amazing at finding plug and play replacements if you tell them what you have now.

Again, I had the exact same issue with my Jensen and so had several others when I asked about it on another forum. Initially it was under warranty and Jensen replaced it. in 6 mos the replacement failed. They are junk. The solution - replace it with a better model. There is no "fix" for your current radio - at least one that's cheaper than just replacing it with a better one.

plattpd60
Explorer
Explorer
It does have power to the radio and I did try the reset button. I read on a Forum that there is an upgrade radio I can get. I have and appt at Alpine House to have it checked out on Apr 14th.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Some car radios have a reset button somewhere on the front panel, often inside a little hole that you have to poke an unbent paper clip or something similar into. If yours has that, try doing that reset operation.

If all you want is a plain radio, they're dirt cheap these days. A few years ago I upgraded my motorhome radio from the original one (with its cassette player) to a new one that cannot play cassettes but does have an AUX in jack and bluetooth connectivity. The new radio was all of $20 at Wal-Mart. It's certainly not superior quality, and its LCD display is sometimes a bit flakey, but works well enough for my needs.

Bruce_Brown
There should be (2) fuses in-line. One keyed hot for power, one always hot for memory; time, pre-sets, etc. Make sure than one is good.

I took the Jensen out of ours, I'll check the model number. I may have a replacement if you need it.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
What year is it? The Jensen radios are junk. Years ago on another MH it had a Jensen radio/camera. I had similar issues as yours, it would come back and then go dead - always at the worst time. I replaced with it with a good name brand. I think either Sony or Pioneer. The Camera/radios are pretty plug and play.

plattpd60
Explorer
Explorer
I did pull Radio out and it does have power to Radio. When I plugged the connector back into radio I now only get static on the Radio and I don't get anything showing on the face of the radio. No time indication, and buttons on radio don't change anything. I think Radio may be shot.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Get your volt meter out and check to see if power is getting to the radio. Start with the basics, it makes trouble shooting easier.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired