Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Jensen 212T Radio Problem
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Jensen 212T Radio Problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
plattpd60

usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/20 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Radio will not come on. It does not even show the time. It seems to have occurred after I used the (Storage/Use) toggle, switch because the Radio worked before that. It doesn't seem to have power, but all the lights in the camper work after putting the switch back to the use position. I tried toggling it back and forth a few times but it didn't help. Not sure if the Radio has a separate fuse or not. Anyone have suggestions?

plattpd60

usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/20 03:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did just find some info on the Radio when I entered the Radio on Google and it went to some Forum posts that referred to my Radio so I have a couple things to Check.

rrupert

NW PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/20 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You may have an inline fuse in the wire feeding the radio.

Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/20 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get your volt meter out and check to see if power is getting to the radio. Start with the basics, it makes trouble shooting easier.

Bob & Dawn Married 32 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

plattpd60

usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/20 05:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did pull Radio out and it does have power to Radio. When I plugged the connector back into radio I now only get static on the Radio and I don't get anything showing on the face of the radio. No time indication, and buttons on radio don't change anything. I think Radio may be shot.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/20 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What year is it? The Jensen radios are junk. Years ago on another MH it had a Jensen radio/camera. I had similar issues as yours, it would come back and then go dead - always at the worst time. I replaced with it with a good name brand. I think either Sony or Pioneer. The Camera/radios are pretty plug and play.

2020 F350 STX
2020 FR Cedar Ridge Silverback 29rw

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/20 06:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There should be (2) fuses in-line. One keyed hot for power, one always hot for memory; time, pre-sets, etc. Make sure than one is good.

I took the Jensen out of ours, I'll check the model number. I may have a replacement if you need it.

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/20 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some car radios have a reset button somewhere on the front panel, often inside a little hole that you have to poke an unbent paper clip or something similar into. If yours has that, try doing that reset operation.

If all you want is a plain radio, they're dirt cheap these days. A few years ago I upgraded my motorhome radio from the original one (with its cassette player) to a new one that cannot play cassettes but does have an AUX in jack and bluetooth connectivity. The new radio was all of $20 at Wal-Mart. It's certainly not superior quality, and its LCD display is sometimes a bit flakey, but works well enough for my needs.

plattpd60

usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/20 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It does have power to the radio and I did try the reset button. I read on a Forum that there is an upgrade radio I can get. I have and appt at Alpine House to have it checked out on Apr 14th.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

plattpd60 wrote:

It does have power to the radio and I did try the reset button. I read on a Forum that there is an upgrade radio I can get. I have and appt at Alpine House to have it checked out on Apr 14th.

Still need some clarifying info, like what year, is this a camera/radio? If it's just a radio there are thousands of replacements in any price range. If it's a camera/radio, there are still lots of upgrade options to choose. I got my Pioneer from Crutchfield. Their customer service is amazing at finding plug and play replacements if you tell them what you have now.

Again, I had the exact same issue with my Jensen and so had several others when I asked about it on another forum. Initially it was under warranty and Jensen replaced it. in 6 mos the replacement failed. They are junk. The solution - replace it with a better model. There is no "fix" for your current radio - at least one that's cheaper than just replacing it with a better one.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Jensen 212T Radio Problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.