cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv tuner

rockcandymounta
Explorer
Explorer
So, My 5th wheel has a tv in the bedroom and it appears that the tuner is not working. I can hook another tv up and do a channel search and it finds the channels available from the rv park pedestal. But when I try to do a channel search using the tv that fits the mount in the bedroom, it doesn't find any channels.

I've been to a few stores looking for a replacement tv but no one carries one small enough to fit. Or the mounting bolt pattern on the back wont fit my mount.

So, I'm wondering if here is a universal cable box that I can buy and run the parks cable in and an HDMI cable out to my existing tv?
8 REPLIES 8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ah I did not see if you said CABLE or OTA.. (I assumed OTA in the last)

ELEMENT TV.. the last TV made in the USA.. Did not come with a QAM tuner. it could not receive digital cable. Not sure of other makes.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
My guess is that you don't have the settings correct on the non-working TV. Since it works with 1 TV but not the other, it has nothing to do with cabling or your booster.
It certainly could be the TV tuner. If so, you need a new TV.

The TV that works may have a QAM tuner while the other one may not. A QAM tuner is for digital cable.

You can add an external QAM tuner.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

MrWizard
Check out these

at Wal-Mart Tuner HDMI out and dvr function

At Amazon tv tuner HDMI and component out

I have this one
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
Is it on the correct input?
Rick and Patti 🙂
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES 🙂
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn’t be so quick to blame the TV. Try all the suggestions above.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
My guess is that you don't have the settings correct on the non-working TV. Since it works with 1 TV but not the other, it has nothing to do with cabling or your booster.
It certainly could be the TV tuner. If so, you need a new TV.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
No rig description in sig file or profile so I have to ask. Is the bedroom TV an older CRT job? My 2005 came with CRT's (now replaced with modern wide screen ATSC capable TVs)

A Digital converter will have eiter A/V out or HDMI out and can act as a "Front End" for your bedroom TV if it turns out NOT to be some other issue like bad Splitter (the Winegard wall plate) or messed up wiring (Very common in used Trailers)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wra
Explorer
Explorer
Your RV may have a TV antenna amplifies in line with the cable that you hook to the pedestal. Look around your RV for a TV amplifier box. It should have a switch on it. Throw that switch and try tuning the TV again.
Another possibility, check the RV wire ends. Make sure they have a bare wire in the center of it. If not, the connector will need to be re-worked. Remove the connector end from the RV wire. Cut the insulation at and the end of the RV wire about 1/2 inch. Then re connect the connector to the RV wire, making sure the outer wire shield connects to the metal of the connector, and not touching the center wire inside the connector. Then reconnect the cable to the pedestal. Then try your TV search again.