cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigfoot 25C10.6E door strut size

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
My door strut won’t strut anymore (haha, won’t hold open the door at all). I need to replace it, but need to know the strut number. Unfortunately, camper is currently buried under four feet of snow. Does anyone happen to know the strut number on theirs, or could you look? I cannot use a metal tie back, because there is a roof ladder in the way.
7 REPLIES 7

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much everyone! We just got ANOTHER 8” of snow. This makes ordering parts for eventual replacement much easier.

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer

Our 10.4 has one strut at the top of the door. 12.5” pin to pin closed. 20” open. No markings on strut that I could see
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XL’s.

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
On my previous BF the strut was on the top of the door, but on this one it is on the bottom so not sure if same length.
Sticker on mine says "Signature Series Gas Springs" made by "Newport Engineering Associates Inc"..... www.mygassprings.com

Their website shows a whole bunch of models...mine is: part# SX200P...12" closed/ 20" open.

Hope this helps
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Bigfootgrey!

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about the length you need for your 10.6 door but I do know the strut pressure is 20 lbs. Bigfoot has cut back about 40 percent due to coronavirus. Grant usually responds quickly. You may have to wait to take the old one off to match the length to new
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XL’s.

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
Have emailed Grant about two issues in last two weeks. Nothing, which is unusual. Thinking Covid has them gone.

Top strut only.

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
Top of door or bottom?...why not email Grant at Bigfoot with year of your camper and ask him.
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...