cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need owner’s manual for my 1987 elite 33’ diesel

KingOfTheRoad_
Explorer
Explorer
My name is Jake. New here, first post I’ve ever written. I’m trying to get my RV going and take her on her first trip to hopefully Pismo Beach. I can’t figure out all of the electrical (whomever had this rv prior, really messed it up. At least it appears that way) can anybody help. Please .
4 REPLIES 4

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Even if you buy a 2020 rig, you won't get a "manual" for the entire rig.. What you get is a folder full of every individual appliance in the rig and that's about it.

1987, I'll bet they didn't even do that!

Like was said, just do a search on every appliance make and model # and you might get lucky and get a pdf of something..

On how to use the appliance? Well, back then, it could be pilot lights for the propane stuff and single holding tanks?? Or more of the electronic stuff like now?? That's about the cross over time.

If you can find someone that knows the old stuff and it's actually still working, you can get a tutor lesson.. But, They would have to be over 50 years old by now (like me) and have used those old systems as a kid (like me)

Can't do it over the interweb...

Good luck!

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
A little bit more detailed information on what isn't working or what you think is messed up would be helpful.

As a basic start, understand that the RV basically has two separate electrical systems: the 120V AC system, and the 12V DC system. The 120V system powers the 120V outlets and whatever is plugged into them, the air conditioner, the microwave, the electric water heater, the fridge heating element when in electric mode (assuming you have an absorption fridge), and maybe a couple other things--though not every device listed would necessarily exist in every RV. The 12V system, on the other hand, powers the lights, the water pump, the controls for the fridge (in both propane and electric mode), the gas water heater controls, the exhaust fans, slideouts and electric steps, and most everything else electrical.

There is a device called a converter that is, at its heart, not much different from a battery charger; it provides 12V power from 120V power when plugged into shore power or using a generator, and also charges the 12V battery as it does so. There may be an inverter, as well, to convert 12V power into (limited) 120V power, and sometimes the inverter and converter are combined into an inverter/charger. Most simpler and/or older RVs don't have an inverter as standard equipment.

If this is a motorhome, there's a third electrical system for the vehicle stuff--starting the engine, running the headlights, that sort of thing. There's some sort of a scheme by which the vehicle electrical system can charge the (house) 12V system when the engine is running.

As part of the 12V system, there's usually a shut-off or battery disconnect switch. In general you would want to leave that in the "on" or connected state. For longer-term storage, it's usually better to physically disconnect the battery if you have no way of keeping it charged than to rely on the disconnect switch that quite often does not disconnect quite everything.

Hope that overview helps some. As I said above, feel free to post with specific problems or difficulties and there are plenty of people here who can help.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Use the internet and look up each piece of equiptment that you want to use and download a manual. As far as the Rv, just maybe someone might have one. Again use the web and see if you can find one.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I highly doubt the manual will be of any help. Hopefully by May 1st we can all go camping.

“Help and support” is for questions on posting. Not for posting a request or idea.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad