cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bigfoot Hydrolic Jacks - Electrical Connection HELP!

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I disconnected my battery and forgot where the wire for the bigfoot goes. Is it attached to negative or positive. Does anyone have this on there 5er. I have a Carriage.
I thought it went to + even though it was black. I hope I did not blow my relay. Also, is there a reset or internal reset or fuse?

FYI. I charged the battery.
9 REPLIES 9

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
With the advent of camera's on phones, I tend to take a photo before I start, just in case I have that brain fart moment. Saves me a lot of hassle.

You are absolutely right. Only problem was I had the brain fart too by not taking the picture. What happened was I mixed up the cable for the Big Foot with the negative battery cable. That caused me to trace the wires. Also, I mentioned that my battery needed charging. Even though it was 12.5V, checking the cells yielded a dead cell. After I got a new battery and rectified my memory problem, everything worked out. The panel went on. Now all I have to do is make sure it has memory of my level. But I will wait 'till we travel again.

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
joelc wrote:
Figured it out and everything works.

With the advent of camera's on phones, I tend to take a photo before I start, just in case I have that brain fart moment. Saves me a lot of hassle.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Figured it out and everything works.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Call Big Foot for some help. Generally they are very responsive, but maybe understaffed with this pandemic.

Oh, and the unit hydrAulic,,,,not hyrdrOlic.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We have the Bigfoot System on our Phaeton. On our controller is a phone number you can call ANYTIME. They are a family owned company and pride themselves on their service. That phone, after hours, will ring into one of their homes and someone will answer. Trust me, I've tried it an it works.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Had a battery like that last year. It needs to be load tested. Auto parts store will do it or buy a cheap load tester at HF.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I located on internet the cable goes to positive. I don't know if I did something or the battery is bad. I did remove it for charging and it needed a lot of water. It measures 12.5V and when connected 13.4. I disconected it to see if it holds the charge.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
I find RV's often use black and white wiring for 12 volt .... black is positive and white is negative.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
Logically I dont think they would need to go all the way to the battery just to find ground. ๐Ÿ™‚ I would open one of the covers on the jack and see where the wires go. I think you may find that the ground wire goes to the frame.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel