cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is MISSING from your RV Park?

SkyWriting
Explorer
Explorer
MY answer is "Trees". When I was a Boy Scout we were surrounded by trees.

....but what is your BIGGEST shortcoming at the parks you stay at?
40 REPLIES 40

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
a large camping world sign

SkyWriting
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
What's missing? The perceived lack of thought about the roads and obstacles to getting to and into the site. I've been to a few that have a tree or big rock right at the corner of the site and the road. This and narrow access roads make backing in a pain in the rear. Flare the ends of the sites a bit so it's easier to cut the corner when backing.

Good point.

SkyWriting
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
Designing a park to maximize profits, or sardine sites will eliminate the RVing experience. People will stay once and only again if nothing else is available...for one night.

The lake site I am looking at is improved with water and electricity but unpaved.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
What's missing? The perceived lack of thought about the roads and obstacles to getting to and into the site. I've been to a few that have a tree or big rock right at the corner of the site and the road. This and narrow access roads make backing in a pain in the rear. Flare the ends of the sites a bit so it's easier to cut the corner when backing.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Steamboat rock?

Yes it is.
Wildmanbaker

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
We prefer state and national park campgrounds,
You found a hole in the trees.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dutch_12078 wrote:
We prefer state and national park campgrounds, so I guess if I was wishing, more of them would offer full hookups. We do prefer parks with large sites and lots of foliage like this one:

I need to follow you around, as I find that a great site, water & electric would make it better, FHU would be even better, but then you would probably never find availability as Everyone would want to be there.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We camp mostly in state parks because they usually have plenty of trees and more space between the sites. We try to avoid campground that resemble parking lots where the rvs are packed in like sardines.

Many cgs lack space between their sites. Iโ€™ll put up with gravel and dust if I donโ€™t have to be parked within 25 feet of another site.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't travel to sit in a camp ground but to see whats out there. Example: spent a week in Charleston SC and left camp ground in toad every morning and came back wore out every night. Put 450 mi on the toad but saw a lot of that area. Camp ground had elect, water, sewer, and was quiet.....its all we need.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
SkyWriting wrote:
MY answer is "Trees". When I was a Boy Scout we were surrounded by trees.

....but what is your BIGGEST shortcoming at the parks you stay at?

What's Missing From My Favorite RV Park.

Right now the Simple answer is ME!

Then when it Opens (It will open again Right) - it will be Space for Me.

It it's not Pretty Good Now, how could it Be My Favorite!

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yep. Site #2

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Steamboat rock?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

SkyWriting
Explorer
Explorer
MitchF150 wrote:
This..

Perhaps I can work up a small scale version.....

SkyWriting
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
What I like for one night is not what I like for a weekend. What I like in the spring is not the same as fall. Some times we visit relatives and sometimes we go to the beach, there is no way to pick just one best.

On the other hand....what have you found MISSING from places you visit?