Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hydro Flame 8500 series furnace

Camper44
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,
I have a hydro flame 8500 series furnace, the thermostat has an on-off switch,and a 3 position fan switch, low,auto and high,the furnace will not light on the auto setting but if I switch it to the low setting it will fire up, then shut down after reaching temperature. I turn the power off and fan switch to auto,then have to repeat the process to fire back up again when it chills back down again, any input would be appreciated. Thank you
7 REPLIES 7

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The OP just joined. The OP needs to understand to ALWAYS post
1. Year and Model RV
2. Brand and Model of the appliance, in this case Roof AC and Furnace
3. Without that info you cannot get accurate help
4. You would not post on an Auto forum, my car runs bad and not state year Brand and Model of auto. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Someone probably replaced the OEM tstat with a aftermarket home type and just used the lo fan as the return to the furnace because they did not know how to wire it. If original, then someone has miswired it. Doug

After reading the post again, IF that tstat does NOT operate the roof AC at all, then that Tstat is aftermarket and is not wired correctly. Does the wall tstat state HEAT and COOL? A COOL only tstat the temp thermistor or bi metal spring is wired/coiled in reverse than for a HEAT(furnace Tstat) only tstat. The OP needs to state what Brand is listed on that wall tstat.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The fan speed switch is for the A/C not the furnace. If switching it affects the furnace, I'd suspect a possible wiring issue at the thermostat.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Only three identical posts? Try 12 more.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the wrong stat. No fan speed on that furnace.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Make and model of thermostat?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
What happens when you switch to "High"?
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog