cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump warning... a little long but may be worth it

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Just a heads up to hopefully save someone from this problem.
I have a Gulfstream Amerilite, kept at home and plugged in.
Yesterday I noticed water dripping from the front corner and figured it was A/C runoff. I looked closer and couldn't see it dripping from the gutter, or running down the body. Opened my front storage compartment and the floor was wet with some standing water.
Checked the roof and no water puddling from A/C. Opened the a/c cover and found almost no condensation at all. No water dripping inside, no wet ceiling or walls.
Then I realized, the only other thing with water, in that area, was my fresh water tank.
Took the bed apart to get to it and found if I touched the pump outlet connection, water sprayed out.
It is a flojet 03526. It has quick connections at each side. Apparently one of the o rings is bad. I guess whenever using the pump it must have leaked slowly and recently got worse.
Glad I was home to find it before it caused any damage.
If you have a pump with these quick connects, check them carefully. New quick connectors with O rings are only about $10 a pair with shipping.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo
8 REPLIES 8

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to a hardware store or auto parts store and get the same O-rings for about 10 cents each. Just bring in an ols one and match it up. Wouldn't hurt to get a couple spares.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Never understood 'quick connections' on an RV water pump.
Just have many times do you need to remove/replace one that it needs quick disconnects

???????

I do it once a year to get water out. If it wasn't there I would just run it dry.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you have it connected to water. Sometimes the back flow in the pump does not work and if connected to shore water you will get water in the tank which can overflow. I resolved this problem by putting a valve before the pump, so if I use shore water I shut it off. Using the pump, I turn it on. I know this was not your issue, but thought I would give you a heads up.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Just have many times do you need to remove/replace one that it needs quick disconnects

???????

Thatโ€™s how you incentivize people to buy the same brand of pump again to avoid changing the connections.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s cheaper and faster to install during the build.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:

???????

:B

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer

???????
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good suggestion.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad