cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Fridge wiring

RWWIEFER
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning all I picked u 1996 Skamper truck pop up. Getting everything ready to do a test run for a fishing trip.
Attached are some photos I took of a 2-wire plug that is next to the trailer wire plug for the exterior lights. Traced this 2 wire to a switch to the back of the fridge. It appears this 2 wire goes to a 12 volt externally battery to run a 12v fan that is mounted to the back of the fridge by the coil. Not sure why-except to help with heat. Looks like it was added. The fan is froze up, do I replace it and why does the 2 upper wires one going to a small resistor?. Does that trigger the fan on temp.
Can not see where to add photos.
8 REPLIES 8

RWWIEFER
Explorer
Explorer
I give up on trying to post pictures. Not sure why there is just not a attachment button but I'm old school so I will move on. I do want to thank everyone for there comments and also the admin for trying to help with posting pic's. I ordered a new fan and switch. Take care all.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Doesn't a new user have to have a minimum number of posts before they can post pictures?

OP, if you can't get the picture posting to work you might try creating a link by using the link icon instead. Of course to do this you need to have the pictures hosted somewhere.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

MrWizard
Drag one picture into space
In the box below will be a link for the picture
Copy that link, paste it in your post
For second picture
Repeat process
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

RWWIEFER
Explorer
Explorer
http://photoposting.is-great.net
http://photoposting.is-great.net

RWWIEFER
Explorer
Explorer
I always thought I was pretty sharp with technology but I still can not figure out how to upload photos. I opened I opened the photoposting link, dragged my 2 photos in there but have no idea were they went. Sorry, this is simple I'm sure.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Draft (airflow) across backside of fridge is CRTICAL to cooling process
Previous owner added fan/battery to enhance the airflow to help with cooling process.

Sounds like he used a t-stat on the condenser fin ----when fin temp reaches 135* it would turn fan on.then back off when fin temp dropped below 115*F
(typical temp range----other ranges available so only guess what that t-stat range is)

Enhanced draft is a GOOD thing for absorption fridges.....FIX/REPLACE Fan/t-stat etc
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It's probably going to a thermal switch, not a resisitor.
When it gets hot outside that fan will be helpful.
I would fix it.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Add photos
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman