cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newmar 2021 model info (a front end diesel?)

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Check out this info from dealer Steinbring Motorcoach:

https://www.steinbring.com/2021-newmar-lineup

They say the 2021 Canyon Star is now a front engine diesel!. Is this an early April Fool's Day joke???

Steinbring provides ongoing new model info updates during the annual Newmar dealers meeting. They release specific model info as allowed during the multi day meeting which this year appears to be in Indianapolis.
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17
8 REPLIES 8

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing new, My 98 Newmar Mountain Aire is a front engine puller 215hp Cummins and also rides on air with hydro disc brakes, average fuel consumption has been 12.5mpg since day one and that with towing a VW Jetta. and the other thing is you can sit and talk in comfort all day long, very little engine noise.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
Newmarket says they "have the first and only diesel-powered Class A toy hauler in the RV industry!”

The first?? Travel Supreme made a mid engine diesel toyhauler in the 2005 time frame. Look up Travel Supreme ME.

I saw a Canyon Star toyhauler on the highway yesterday. It caught my eye because we noticed the garage door in the back and the generator exhaust pipe in front of the driver's side front tire, like on a diesel pusher. The engine exhaust was in front of the rear tire and large, like on a diesel engine, so I was thinking maybe it was a mid engine design. However, it did have the door midship and a grill on the front, so it appeared to be a front engine rig.

I thought it was odd because that's a lot of weight up front and it didn't have a tag axle, which I would expect on a diesel powered toyhauler. In any case, an interesting design for those looking for a toyhauler.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Ride in a Super C diesel and try to talk/listen normally.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Sound like FCC dusted off a previously-shelved design?: http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=27510.0

The new F53 chassis handles better, has more power, and has LiquidSprings as a factory option. It'll be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison between these 2 chassis. Is the new Canyon star is only available on the FCC chassis? Or both?
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. I was wondering if the Canyon Star would get an update in 2021 but I didn't expect it to be to this degree! Air ride suspension and air brakes. But if I am not looking for a toy hauler, why would a front end diesel pusher be of any interest? Why not opt for the Kountry Star with a quiet rear engine diesel chassis in the Newmar model line up? Unless the Toy Hauler is going to be the only floorplan(s) for the Canyon Star.
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Newmarket says they "have the first and only diesel-powered Class A toy hauler in the RV industry!”

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I think it's a typo. Any information I could find says that it will be on the 2020 updated F53 chassis. Dealers meetings usually happen around the end of March - early April. Given everything going on that is likely not to happen, unless it's virtual. Most info on new models starts trickling out in May. Again, with this pandemic I'd be surprised if any production is going on at all right now. Dealer/Consumer demand has to be pretty low.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS