cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hideout 338lhs the grey back tank wont drain

Matt1221
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer is at a slightly off level by an inch or 2 towards the rear. I just tried to drain my grey water tank & no go, a tad bit like 3 cups of water came out the shoot but that was all. There is a skinnier valve/line marked grey & one marked black which is bigger pipe/valve in diameter. Keep in mind we just had this 2020 trailer set up 2 weekends ago & have never had to drain it until now.
8 REPLIES 8

Hooterville
Explorer
Explorer
Matt1221 wrote:
It appears the grey/black is together... There are 2 levers, one marked grey and the other marked black. my sink was backed up but now after dumping the black its not.. also alot of pure water came out of the one labeled black

Based on this information your black and grey labels probably reversed.

Ride_S40T
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, if it's backed up then 1 of 2 things have happened. First, you may have a clog somewhere. Looks like in the specs that all 3 sinks drain into the 69 gal grey tank. 2nd...could you have possibly...or did they at setup leave both valves open?? You'd know this by having a fair amount of drainage when taking off the cap when preparing to dump. I say this because they did on mine...a friend of mine caught it before we headed out for the first trip.

The other issue may be more ominous...there a blockage downstream in the drain. There's water in there somewhere and a 2" drop left/right or front/back may cause a little water to not drain during dump but at 69 gal grey and 78 black...there should be gushing until the unlevel trailer holds a little back.

Call your seller and talk to the service dept. There's no "goofy" questions for them, they've heard it all. Much of it from me, probably. ๐Ÿ™‚

When you find the issue, please post back. We all learn from these situations. Good luck.
2021 Grand Design 268BH
2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 SRW
Traveling K9s Diesel and Roger

Matt1221
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
I can't look up the specs since there is a "Western" and "Eastern" Hideout brouchure. Your profile says "USA."

Eastern 2020 hideout 338lhs

Matt1221
Explorer
Explorer
It appears the grey/black is together... There are 2 levers, one marked grey and the other marked black. my sink was backed up but now after dumping the black its not.. also alot of pure water came out of the one labeled black

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I can't look up the specs since there is a "Western" and "Eastern" Hideout brouchure. Your profile says "USA."
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
From time to time we read about a manufacturer leaving the the plastic disc in the tank when they drill out the drain opening. But I would think that would cause a slow drain situation not a complete stoppage.

I think the most likely reason is there is a second gray tank. Maybe look again for a second drain handle, look inside the exterior compartments as well. If the tanks are exposed you might have to crawl under the trailer to take a look.

While I respect Old-Biscuits posts as he always seems to be spot on, I disagree with the leveling suggestion. Two inches difference front to rear on a 30 foot long trailer is not anything to worry about. But it won't hurt anything to level it a bit better. Well except on a trailer like mine with a rear bath I have to level it nose high so the water running down the walls in the shower dosn't puddle on the tub rim and run off onto the floor.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Drop the tongue/front jacks & raise the rear of trailer
Slightly off level.....not good for draining waste tanks and Definetly NOT good for longh term reliability of fridge.

Is BLack Tank (larger pipe) draining OK?

DO you 23 grey tanks ---you state grey BACK tank not draining?
That could be galley tank and has it's OWN drain line/dump valve back behind tires etc

If only ONE grey tank---then a 'cutout disc' (holes cut into tank for vent line/drain line etc) may have fallen into tank and not removed. Gets sucked down to tank outlet and blocks it
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is just a guess based on what I can see online, but it looks to me like the rear grey tank handle probably only handles a small tank for the sink in the half bath.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH