Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Virginia - Stay At Home till June 10th
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Virginia - Stay At Home till June 10th

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/20 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see that the Governor of Virginia just placed a Stay At Home order that lasts until June 10th... Part of that also includes -

The stoppage of ALL overnight stays of less than 14 days at ALL privately Owned Campgrounds...

"4. Effective April 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m., cessation of all reservations for overnight stays of less than 14 nights at all privately-owned campgrounds, as defined in § 35.1-1 of the Code of Virginia."

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Lwiddis

South of Lone Pine, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/20 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two and a half months. Your Governor is serious. Good!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

NoVa RT

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

The stoppage of ALL overnight stays of less than 14 days at ALL privately Owned Campgrounds...

"4. Effective April 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m., cessation of all reservations for overnight stays of less than 14 nights at all privately-owned campgrounds, as defined in § 35.1-1 of the Code of Virginia."
Read that again. The Order only banned campground reservations of less than 14 days. Stays of less than 14 days without reservations are still allowed. This applies to private campgrounds, State Park Campgrounds were already closed. Not sure what the reservation ban is supposed to achieve, but it gives the appearance of action.

* This post was edited 03/31/20 05:06pm by NoVa RT *

2013 RT 190-Popular

K Charles

Connecticut

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/20 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The order also says private campgrounds are closed to short-term visitors.

NoVa RT

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I don’t believe that is correct. The Order doesn’t include the heading the OP used. The Washington Post also characterizes it as only a ban on reservations:
Quote:

Starting Wednesday, people will no longer be allowed reserve space at Virginia campgrounds to stay overnight. All public beaches will be closed except for exercise and fishing. Residents can still play golf, Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) said, but they cannot dwell at a clubhouse.
It may not make much sense, but from what I’ve seen it’s just a reservation ban.

EDIT: Originally linked to the Governor’s earlier March 23rd Order; link fixed now.

* This post was edited 03/31/20 06:08pm by NoVa RT *

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/20 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

here, page 2 -

page 2

ok link won't work - NUMBER FIFTY-FIVE (2020)
TEMPORARY STAY AT HOME ORDER DUE TO NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
To reinforce the Commonwealth’s response to COVID-19 and in furtherance of Executive Orders 51 (March 12, 2020) and 53 (March 23, 2020) and by virtue of the authority vested in me by Article V, Section 7 of the Constitution of Virginia, by § 44-146.17 of the Code of Virginia, I order the following:

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/20 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NoVa RT wrote:

Quote:

I don’t believe that is correct. The Order doesn’t include the heading the OP used. The Washington Post also characterizes it as only a ban on reservations:
Quote:

Starting Wednesday, people will no longer be allowed reserve space at Virginia campgrounds to stay overnight. All public beaches will be closed except for exercise and fishing. Residents can still play golf, Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) said, but they cannot dwell at a clubhouse.
It may not make much sense, but from what I’ve seen it’s just a reservation ban.

EDIT: Originally linked to the Governor’s earlier March 23rd Order; link fixed now.

page 2. item 4...worded as my original post.. Not sure the difference,.. The way I read it is any stay under 14 days in not allowed.... Im not traveling so I don't care....

NoVa RT

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You’re quoting the same language I quoted, which refers to a cessation of reservations, not a closure. Elsewhere, the Order says closure when it means closure, so this seems like something else.

EDIT: The Virgina Department of Health has this guidance:
Quote:

NOTE: UPDATE – Effective April 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Executive Order 55 requires the “cessation of all reservations for overnight stays of less than 14 nights at all privately-owned campgrounds, as defined in § 35.1-1 of the Code of Virginia.”

Campground management should cancel all previously-made reservations and not create any additional reservations for overnight stays less than 14 nights. This Order remains in effect until June 10, 2020 (unless the Governor rescinds or amends).

All campgrounds remaining open should continue to follow the guidance below.
Again, they just refer to reservations, and also mention “campgrounds remaining open” so it doesn’t seem to be a closure order, although it appears that they don’t mind if people interpret it that way. Not the clearest wording, which I suspect was intentional.

* This post was edited 03/31/20 06:30pm by NoVa RT *

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Two and a half months. Your Governor is serious. Good!

Agreed. All states should be taking this as serious as Virginia.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/20 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NoVa RT wrote:

You’re quoting the same language I quoted, which refers to a cessation of reservations, not a closure. Elsewhere, the Order says closure when it means closure, so this seems like something else.

Dictionary

ces·sa·tion
/se?s?SH(?)n/
noun
noun: cessation; plural noun: cessations
the fact or process of ending or being brought to an end.
"the cessation of hostilities"
synonyms: end, ending, termination, stopping, halting, ceasing, finish, finishing, stoppage, closing, closure, close, conclusion, winding up, discontinuation, discontinuance, breaking off, abandonment, interruption, suspension, cutting short; More

TO ME.... I read that as no stays LESS THAN 14 days....since they added UNDER 14...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Virginia - Stay At Home till June 10th
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.