Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Virginia - Stay At Home till June 10th
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Virginia - Stay At Home till June 10th

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/20 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

NoVa RT wrote:

You’re quoting the same language I quoted, which refers to a cessation of reservations, not a closure. Elsewhere, the Order says closure when it means closure, so this seems like something else.

Dictionary

ces·sa·tion
/se?s?SH(?)n/
noun
noun: cessation; plural noun: cessations
the fact or process of ending or being brought to an end.
"the cessation of hostilities"
synonyms: end, ending, termination, stopping, halting, ceasing, finish, finishing, stoppage, closing, closure, close, conclusion, winding up, discontinuation, discontinuance, breaking off, abandonment, interruption, suspension, cutting short; More

TO ME.... I read that as no stays LESS THAN 14 days....since they added UNDER 14...

DO you think it makes sense to not allow someone to stay overnight if they have a reservation, but allow them to stay just showing up ?? Maybe I m missing something??????

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/20 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

Two and a half months. Your Governor is serious. Good!

Agreed. All states should be taking this as serious as Virginia.

agreed...as long as all bans are lifted by late June... that's my daughters wedding ! [emoticon]

NoVa RT

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 06:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

DO you think it makes sense to not allow someone to stay overnight if they have a reservation, but allow them to stay just showing up ?? Maybe I m missing something??????
Take another look at the update I added to my last post, which has the Virginia Government referring to campgrounds remaining open. The language certainly isn’t a model of clarity, but when they closed other businesses, they said so. Here they didn’t.

2013 RT 190-Popular

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/20 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NoVa RT wrote:

Quote:

Take another look at the update I added to my last post, which has the Virginia Government referring to campgrounds remaining open. The language certainly isn’t a model of clarity, but when they closed other businesses, they said so. Here they didn’t.

I did... and Im not arguing, just thinking out loud.... Why can't Governors be SPECIFIC instead of wishy washy... Up here in PA , its the same thing... They ALL are listing things and allowing the public to decipher for them selves....

NoVa RT

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Why can't Governors be SPECIFIC instead of wishy washy...
If I had to guess, I think they were aware that closing private campgrounds would be a hardship on full-timers and the remaining snowbirds heading up I-95, but wanted to discourage others from populating the campgrounds. A reservation ban injects a lot of uncertainty for short-term campers, so many will stay home, and the poor wording may give even more the idea that campgrounds are unavailable. I worked in government for a long time, and there’s usually a reason for choosing ambiguous language.

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting, not that it makes a huge difference to us. Everything is in ground stop mode right now. No permission & no way to take off even if we wanted to.

Except for holiday weekend & special events we are no reservation people rarely staying put for more than 4 days. Guess if we were in VA this would make no difference to people with travel habits like ours.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/20 06:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

Two and a half months. Your Governor is serious. Good!

Agreed. All states should be taking this as serious as Virginia.

Looks like they are trying to kill off the economy as much as possible! Yes this is serious, but it has to be put in perspective.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/20 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like they are trying to kill off the economy as much as possible! Yes this is serious, but it has to be put in perspective.

X2. One also has to look at the long-term effects of such a shutdown. Potential increases in poverty, suicide, child/spousal abuse and overall mental health need to be taken into consideration. A more measured approach such as the governors in New England are doing-shut down until 5/4 then a week-to-week basis-seems far more logical. People need hope, even if it's just a slight glimmer.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/20 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

X2. One also has to look at the long-term effects of such a shutdown. Potential increases in poverty, suicide, child/spousal abuse and overall mental health need to be taken into consideration. A more measured approach such as the governors in New England are doing-shut down until 5/4 then a week-to-week basis-seems far more logical. People need hope, even if it's just a slight glimmer.

Exactly. Although doom and gloom are the preferred ways for media to advertise. Right now the country needs something to look forward to. Like the tens of thousands jay have recovered. Or the millions that probably had it and didn’t even know they did and are OK now.

Devocamper

West Haven CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/20 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just Stay Home !,

08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Virginia - Stay At Home till June 10th
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.