Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: AZ Governor Statement on RV Travel during Stay At Home order
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> AZ Governor Statement on RV Travel during Stay At Home order

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Seattle Steve

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This question was asked to a local news station in Tucson, and they got a response from the governor's office.

Article is copywrited with all rights reserved so I won't copy/paste, but you can read it here.

Lwiddis

near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/20 08:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for letting us know the AZ Governor’s position.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have two daughters that live in Arizona. One in Phoenix, the other in Kingman. Arizona is three weeks behind the more progressive states. They are wholly unprepared of whats to come. They haven't the infrastucture to care for what's coming their way. With an older population, they will not be able to handle the amount of people that will need care.

NoVa RT

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 09:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Article is copywrited with all rights reserved so I won't copy/paste, but you can read it here
Fair use would certainly allow this excerpt:
Quote:

“In general, if the RV parks are open, nothing prevents a person from moving to one place or another. We understand, for many people, their RV is their home.”

2013 RT 190-Popular

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/20 05:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seattle Steve wrote:

This question was asked to a local news station in Tucson, and they got a response from the governor's office.

Article is copywrited with all rights reserved so I won't copy/paste, but you can read it here.

Just give credit to the publisher.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/20 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

Seattle Steve wrote:

Just give credit to the publisher.

Giving credit in no way absolves anyone from violating copyrights. Ever.

LJAZ

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/20 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

I have two daughters that live in Arizona. One in Phoenix, the other in Kingman. Arizona is three weeks behind the more progressive states. They are wholly unprepared of whats to come. They haven't the infrastucture to care for what's coming their way. With an older population, they will not be able to handle the amount of people that will need care.

About the only thing closed in Arizona are the schools and restaurants are take out only. Almost everything else is included on the governors list of "essential" services, for example barber shops and beauty salons. His executive order also prohibits any town, city or county from imposing their own restrictions on anything on his essential services list.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/20 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SUE ME!

"A spokesperson with the Governor’s Office sent us this statement:"

“In general, if the RV parks are open, nothing prevents a person from moving to one place or another. We understand, for many people, their RV is their home.”

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

gemsworld

Arizona West Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/20 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The AZ governor has his priorities right. He deemed golf courses as essential businesses and can remain open. [emoticon]

Seattle Steve

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/20 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gemsworld wrote:

The AZ governor has his priorities right. He deemed golf courses as essential businesses and can remain open. [emoticon]

Actually, he deemed exercise and physical activity as essential. Here's the paragraph from his declaration:

"Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as walking, hiking, running, biking or golfing, but only if appropriate physical distancing practices are used."

I'm not a golfer, but it seems like social distancing would not be difficult to maintain.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> AZ Governor Statement on RV Travel during Stay At Home order
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.