cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Deal on Tires = Time for New Tires

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
For my entire adult life, I’ve bought my tires at Tires Plus (even before they were called that). Yeah, I’m friends with a store manager, but since I drive so much, the regional and national availability of their stores is a big plus (I get road hazard, replacement, lifetime alignment, etc.). I’ve really gotten my use out of these services over the years.

Anyway...they have a deal going right now offering 20% off for those people who are deemed to be on the front lines of this current pandemic. The list of eligible types of workers is pretty extensive. I don’t know if the deal is company-wide or just in our area, but if you need new tires, it’s worth checking out.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF
18 REPLIES 18

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I've used Tires Plus in the past, and not very pleased with them. They did a good job of mounting and balancing the tires, but they charged extra for everything they did, or used. The actual price was considerably higher than their initial estimate. One of those deals where the price for 4 tires was $600 + mounting and balancing, and the total ended up north of $800 after all the added "extras".

That was quite a few years ago, but just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Well, no doubt that each store is subject to the methods of their management. Admittedly, my primary dealings with them have always been at the store in which my friend manages, so I’m sure that helps. But they’ve always given me a written estimate, which I sign. The final price might vary a couple of dollars here or there, but there’s always a valid reason for it. Anytime the cost would vary significantly, they’ve always called and discussed with me.

But everyone has “their guy” so I don’t get in the middle of that LOL
SBGTF

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've used Tires Plus in the past, and not very pleased with them. They did a good job of mounting and balancing the tires, but they charged extra for everything they did, or used. The actual price was considerably higher than their initial estimate. One of those deals where the price for 4 tires was $600 + mounting and balancing, and the total ended up north of $800 after all the added "extras".

That was quite a few years ago, but just left a bad taste in my mouth.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
deltabravo wrote:
WTP-GC wrote:
.... Tires Plus....the regional and national availability of their stores.

Never heard of them. Must be an east coast thing.

We have them in Colorado but I have never tried them.

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:

BTW OP, years ago I had the philosophy that when I needed new tires, I just got a new truck. Worked for a couple new trucks anyways.

I've certainly done the same thing, especially as it relates to used vehicles. In 2015, I traded in a Chevy Silverado that I owned from 30K miles to 215K miles. That was the only truck that I've put more than one new set of tires on.
SBGTF

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
WTP-GC wrote:

Definitely not just east coast, but I don't know how far they stretch throughout the country. Chances are that they are part of a much bigger conglomerate that has a different named company (or companies) in other parts of the country.
SBGTF

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP, my local Tires Plus in Maryland is offering the same thing.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
On the gas price thing, download the app GasBuddy. It will tell you all the local all gas prices.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
WTP-GC wrote:

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
NYS state tax is .45.6 per gallon. If you have a Fast Trac regular is 2.14.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ACZL wrote:
JIMNLIN wrote:
With crude prices dropping through the floor tire prices will soon follow :B :B

I wish gas prices would do so. Seems odd that oil is at 20/barrel and yet gas is 2.25 here in CNY.

How much of that is State, Federal and Local Taxes?

IMHO $2.25 is DIRT cheap!

Had to laugh at your reply, but in all honesty, I don't know how much is taxes, but if I was a betting man and being in NY, probly a very good chunk of change is taxes. Dingalings in Albany do NOT know the meaning of cutting spending but RATHER let's spend spend spend. All of us have to learn how to deal w/ less, BUT NOT them!

BTW OP, years ago I had the philosophy that when I needed new tires, I just got a new truck. Worked for a couple new trucks anyways.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ACZL wrote:
JIMNLIN wrote:

I wish gas prices would do so. Seems odd that oil is at 20/barrel and yet gas is 2.25 here in CNY.

How much of that is State, Federal and Local Taxes?

IMHO $2.25 is DIRT cheap!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
somehow, the quote function didn't work on my last post....looks like i just copied text. Go figure.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer

As the SHTF, I topped off our two primary vehicles. After the priced dropped a bit, the two primary vehicle tanks were about 2/3 full, and my wife's Jeep (toy) at half. So I dumped several of my gas cans into the Jeep and one vehicle and filled up my truck and the emptied cans. Still bought $60 of gas! Good time to freshen stored gas.

Agreed on stored gas. Good idea dumping stored into vehicle during this time.