cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New luxury off grid trailer -- very fancy . . .

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't think this is an April Fools joke -- it looks like it is for real. Too fancy for my tastes, but maybe there's a market for it:

Article about luxury off grid trailer

I wish them lots of luck -- maybe the post-virus RV boom will compel luxury travelers to seek out high end trailers!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."
13 REPLIES 13

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:
Conserve water? It doesn't look like purchasers of this unit would be interested in conserving much of anything, money least of all.

And since you have this much money to burn anyways, you can drill for water and bury yourself a sewer vault anywhere you want to camp.:B

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Conserve water? It doesn't look like purchasers of this unit would be interested in conserving much of anything, money least of all.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Pretty cool! I find we do well with 230W of solar and two batteries but then again we don't have lithium and use the A/C.

Wouldn't it be better to use minisplits instead of roof airs? Less energy, quieter, and you can save energy by being room conscious, only using the A/C for the room you're in.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
looks to me like it is a park model.
bumpy

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
If you are serious about conserving water then you use pit toilets and take sponge baths. My wife and I did it plenty of times when we were tent campers.

We each used a one-quart sun shower. We washed and rinsed dishes once a day with less than a gallon of water. It is possible to hold daily water usage only a little more than 1 gallon per person unless you are sweating a great deal.

Also, water from a lake or stream can be treated or boiled.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
100 gallons?? I have 66. Not going to last months unless they are filtering and recycling the gray water.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
Can we not just glue some of those flexible panels onto out awnings?

Nope, too thick and they have a minimum bend radius which the roller probably exceeds if you could make them fit.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
What puffery, you can go off grid for'months at a time', but it has a 100 gallon fresh water tank. According to the WHO 15L per person should be considered a bare minimum during an emergency and 20L is a good target for minimal hygiene. That's 10 gallons per day for a couple, hardly months.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:

Those are options. Foldable solar panel flaps on all sides, back and front.

With flexible solar panels now available, some enterprising company my soon come up with it. But generators and gas are also coming in much cheaper, lol.

Exciting times!

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Fresh water is still the limiting factor at 100 gallons. Twice as much as I carry however.

“for prices starting at roughly $150,000 and going as high up as $250,000.” I’ll take two.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
It might not be too far off. My bro-in-law calculated that I can be off grid with 10 to 12 panels but my roof can only accommodate six, lol.

He advised me to wait a little while as the battery-solar tech is progressing by leaps and bounds.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I saw this several months ago, so it appears to not be a hoax.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015