Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Emergency Travel - Texas to South Georgia?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Emergency Travel - Texas to South Georgia?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

1. Book your campgrounds in advance by calling each of them. That way you will know for certain but understand it may change.
2. Check with each individual state you will be crossing through to see if they have checkpoints when you go in. Some states are requiring you "check in" and give them personal info as to your plans. If you aren't staying in that state you should have no issue. GA, however, now has a shelter-in-place order as of 4/1.
3. If you think you may have to boondock or be there for a while it might not be a bad idea to get a generator. If you can stay at established campgrounds you shouldn't need one.
4. Snafus? Yes-check with the hospice center to ensure they are allowing visitors. You are adding additional risks to yourself if you stop to get gas, groceries, etc. You can mitigate that risk by following CDC protocols and wearing gloves when you get gas.

Good luck!

Good advice! Has your family member been tested for the virus? what were the results? If they positive , they may have to
be quarantined.

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

... Has your family member been tested for the virus? what were the results? If they positive , they may have to be quarantined...
From the Amber Alert signs on the highways EVERYONE needs to quarantine, and for good reason. Quite frankly we can’t wait to get home and quarantine[emoticon].

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/20 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magnusfide wrote:

A quick search turned up a tv channel in Georgia. Apparently the GA governor is signing a "Shelter in Place" Order which may impact campgrounds too.
LINK

Call ahead and ask. Those phone numbers are on the internet now.
Shelter in place was signed today and goes into effect tomorrow. I have a mother in-law in a nursing home and we are not allowed to enter.
Hospitals here only allow a couple of people in other than a patient and that is a end of life situation.
Check the hospice center you are going to.
Have a good trip and stay safe.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

LadyRVer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please do check Hospice rules. There is also a campground in Jennings, FL, right on I-75 which is 9 miles south of Lake Park, GA. It was Jennings Outdoor Resort but might be a KOA now ( if GA has a lockdown.) Safe travels.

WA4HTZ

Upstate SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/20 07:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

manley, yesterday when I was canceling our end of April trip to Gulf State Park in AL, all state parks in AL and GA were open and gave no indication of closing. Gulf State Park was refunding all deposits which they don't normally do, so you may be able to easily find campsites in both states parks.

Hope this helps and be especially safe during this time of stress.

Ken

Ken and Jeannette
2015 FunFinder 266KIRB - Traded in
2006 Ford F-250 "Super" Cab Long Bed - Traded in

2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A

Retired JSO

North Georgia Mountains

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lake Park Campground and Eagles Roost are the ones I would try.

hl remington

N.E.AR.

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 08:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All Arkansas state parks are now closed as of 4-1-20

manley

Wichita Falls, TX

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to all who have replied. We are pulling out in the morning. I did buy a generator, it is in the bed of my truck - hidden under bed cover until needed. Our daughter and her family live just northeast of Jennings, FL, right inside Georgia. Their farm actually borders the state line. We will shelter in place at their house, as we have been doing here in TX for a week already. No COVID tests, as we have all been compliant.

Her Dad is in a facility in Lake City, FL. If we have to take the camper there to be close, we will (if we can). Otherwise, it will be day treks as the end nears.

I sincerely appreciate prayers as we travel. This will be a long, slow trip. I have a herniated discL3-L4 - and will have to baby that injury, because I postponed surgery to get her to Daddy.

2018 F150 XLT FX4 SCREW Ecoboost 3.5L
Hensley Arrow
2017 Open Range Light 272RLS

manley

Wichita Falls, TX

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 08:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

By the way, we do have a letter from the facility deeming it “essential travel,” and DW is an RN. I have a printed copy of her nursing license in the console. We will also take photos at every border to document our route and thus avoid quarantine. I will also print the proposed route and keep a log as suggested.

folivier

Southeast Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/20 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be aware that some towns are putting curfews in place so might want to limit your travel to daylight hours only. Things are changing hourly.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Emergency Travel - Texas to South Georgia?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.