Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: GM trucks outsell Ford first quarter !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > GM trucks outsell Ford first quarter !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Next
MARK VANDERBENT

MANHATTAN ,IL.

Senior Member

Joined: 01/03/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 04/02/20 06:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I know there is so much more serious news out there, but I was glad to see the numbers so strong for the first quarter for GM.

Lwiddis

South of Lone Pine, California

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/02/20 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/04/02/coronavirus-impacts-truck-sales/


Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad


gbopp

The Keystone State

Senior Member

Joined: 08/03/2008

View Profile


Online
Posted: 04/02/20 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Zombie Apocalypse is over.

Will people run out and buy new trucks/cars or, realize there are things more important than a new vehicle, like thousands of rolls of toilet paper?

MARK VANDERBENT

MANHATTAN ,IL.

Senior Member

Joined: 01/03/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 04/02/20 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oops .
I double posted on accident.
Not sure how to delete?

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/02/20 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Zombie Apocalypse is over.

Will people run out and buy new trucks/cars or, realize there are things more important than a new vehicle, like thousands of rolls of toilet paper?


I was just having that conversation with the wife. Will this make younger people appreciate what they have and quit spending willy-nilly? Will this experiance weed out all the uneeded things everyone has been wasting money on? Will the "on the edge" businesses make it? Will helping your kids with schoolwork become the norm again?

Lynnmor

Red Lion

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 04/03/20 01:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

gbopp wrote:

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Zombie Apocalypse is over.

Will people run out and buy new trucks/cars or, realize there are things more important than a new vehicle, like thousands of rolls of toilet paper?


I was just having that conversation with the wife. Will this make younger people appreciate what they have and quit spending willy-nilly? Will this experiance weed out all the uneeded things everyone has been wasting money on? Will the "on the edge" businesses make it? Will helping your kids with schoolwork become the norm again?


The stimulus package will be a double edge sword, giving away money to even those that don't need it or deserve it won't teach responsibility.





colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2004

View Profile






Posted: 04/03/20 04:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

jdc1 wrote:

gbopp wrote:

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Zombie Apocalypse is over.

Will people run out and buy new trucks/cars or, realize there are things more important than a new vehicle, like thousands of rolls of toilet paper?


I was just having that conversation with the wife. Will this make younger people appreciate what they have and quit spending willy-nilly? Will this experiance weed out all the uneeded things everyone has been wasting money on? Will the "on the edge" businesses make it? Will helping your kids with schoolwork become the norm again?


The stimulus package will be a double edge sword, giving away money to even those that don't need it or deserve it won't teach responsibility.
True, look how many couldn't even survive a month without a handout. Absolutely no reserve fund for hard times. I doubt they will learn anything, I hope I'm wrong.

gbopp

The Keystone State

Senior Member

Joined: 08/03/2008

View Profile


Online
Posted: 04/03/20 04:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:


The stimulus package will be a double edge sword, giving away money to even those that don't need it or deserve it won't teach responsibility.

Excellent point. It will help some people. It will give others more money to hoard things they don't need.
What ever happens, I think the world as we know it has changed forever.

Hondavalk

Toledo

Senior Member

Joined: 03/13/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/03/20 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Lynnmor wrote:


The stimulus package will be a double edge sword, giving away money to even those that don't need it or deserve it won't teach responsibility.

Excellent point. It will help some people. It will give others more money to hoard things they don't need.
What ever happens, I think the world as we know it has changed forever.


????? You have 1000's of hard working working people through no fault of there own now out of work. As an older person through my lifetime I have accumulated a decent nest egg to survive on but when i was young with a family we basically lived from pay check to pay check. I'm sure there gonna run out and buy frivolous things like food, medicine, and gas.





schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/08/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 04/03/20 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Lynnmor wrote:


The stimulus package will be a double edge sword, giving away money to even those that don't need it or deserve it won't teach responsibility.

Excellent point. It will help some people. It will give others more money to hoard things they don't need.
What ever happens, I think the world as we know it has changed forever.

Or maybe those of us that have money will spend a little more on things like RV accessories or other goods that small businesses sell. Bringing the economy back as a "stimulus package" is intended to do.


2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > GM trucks outsell Ford first quarter !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.