Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: GM trucks outsell Ford first quarter !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > GM trucks outsell Ford first quarter !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

Moderator

Joined: 03/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/03/20 08:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMHO, we won't be out of the c19 issue,brestrictio s etc for 12-18 months.
Even this of us, myself included with essential jobs have had to change how we work, operate etc. To protect ourselves, and customer/clients from getting virus from each other. Those in non-essential jobs, we need them back to work asap, but in ways that protect them and others around them. Until we get more ppe, that's not going to happen.
We won't recover per say for a long time.
The those of us over 55, some hospital s are already instigating it out of ventilators, you don't get one, those under get first priority. T
This is not going to be fun for many months.

Marty


92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
00 Chev C2500, V5700, 4L80E, 4.10, base truck, no options!
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Check RV.Net Blogs at: blog.rv.net

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Online
Posted: 04/03/20 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"The stimulus package will be a double edge sword, giving away money to even those that don't need it or deserve it won't teach responsibility."


100% agree!!!


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Online
Posted: 04/03/20 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hondavalk wrote:

gbopp wrote:

Lynnmor wrote:


The stimulus package will be a double edge sword, giving away money to even those that don't need it or deserve it won't teach responsibility.

Excellent point. It will help some people. It will give others more money to hoard things they don't need.
What ever happens, I think the world as we know it has changed forever.


????? You have 1000's of hard working working people through no fault of there own now out of work. As an older person through my lifetime I have accumulated a decent nest egg to survive on but when i was young with a family we basically lived from pay check to pay check. I'm sure there gonna run out and buy frivolous things like food, medicine, and gas.


I was a Carpenter, I NEVER purchased anything unless I had $$$ in the bank to pay for it. Exception a home loan. I survived every layoff whether it was 1-2-4 weeks or the two times it was 6 months. Served me well!!! NEVER went hungry or didn't pay our debts.

Same time many friends had way more TOYS and their combined pay was not as much as mine, YEP they lost everything more than once.

My way of life allowed me to draw a great retirement at 55 and now drawing SS at 62. I am not hurt by this at all financially. Fact is I am spending much less now with all the restrictions.

I have ZERO sympathy for many of those that live week to week.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 04/03/20 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hondavalk wrote:



????? You have 1000's of hard working working people through no fault of there own now out of work. As an older person through my lifetime I have accumulated a decent nest egg to survive on but when i was young with a family we basically lived from pay check to pay check. I'm sure there gonna run out and buy frivolous things like food, medicine, and gas.


Just curious, how will you spend the check(s) you are getting?





colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2004

View Profile






Posted: 04/03/20 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope GM does well to help them survive the down turn. It will be a struggle for the auto manufacturers in general. On the positive side there ought to be some killer deals on vehicles if you have disposable income to purchase.

If I were to purchase a new truck it would probably be the Ford with the new 7.3 gas motor.

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

Senior Member

Joined: 04/01/2005

View Profile



Posted: 04/03/20 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GM trucks outselling Ford trucks? Say it ain't so!! What is wrong with the world? [emoticon] LOL

It must be the tailgate.....


Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point


valhalla360

No paticular place.

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 04/03/20 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:


The stimulus package will be a double edge sword, giving away money to even those that don't need it or deserve it won't teach responsibility.


Those who "need" it and those who "deserve" it...are rarely a single person.

Those who are responsible generally have an emergency fund, so they may not "need" it.

Those who lived beyond their means aren't responsible already but they do "need" it.

Of course, this is not a normal economic downturn.

I don't "need" it but I'm sure I will be paying it back in taxes multiple times over, so I don't feel bad about taking it.


Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV


colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2004

View Profile






Posted: 04/03/20 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ford 186,562
Chevy 143,698
Ram 128,805

goducks10

There

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2010

View Profile


Online
Posted: 04/03/20 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Hondavalk wrote:

gbopp wrote:

Lynnmor wrote:


The stimulus package will be a double edge sword, giving away money to even those that don't need it or deserve it won't teach responsibility.

Excellent point. It will help some people. It will give others more money to hoard things they don't need.
What ever happens, I think the world as we know it has changed forever.


????? You have 1000's of hard working working people through no fault of there own now out of work. As an older person through my lifetime I have accumulated a decent nest egg to survive on but when i was young with a family we basically lived from pay check to pay check. I'm sure there gonna run out and buy frivolous things like food, medicine, and gas.


I was a Carpenter, I NEVER purchased anything unless I had $$$ in the bank to pay for it. Exception a home loan. I survived every layoff whether it was 1-2-4 weeks or the two times it was 6 months. Served me well!!! NEVER went hungry or didn't pay our debts.

Same time many friends had way more TOYS and their combined pay was not as much as mine, YEP they lost everything more than once.

My way of life allowed me to draw a great retirement at 55 and now drawing SS at 62. I am not hurt by this at all financially. Fact is I am spending much less now with all the restrictions.

I have ZERO sympathy for many of those that live week to week.


Retired carpenter here as well. Mostly interior/exterior commercial construction. Laid off numerous times. Never had to file bankruptcy or have a toy sale to pay the bills.
I think most unemployed will just sail right through the next 4 months as if nothing happened. My son's about to get laid off in a week. He says with the $600 extra on unemployment he'll float right through. Oregons max unemployment is $538+$600=$1138.
I'm guessing thats a little more than he makes right now from normal wages, well see. Now throw in the $4400 he'll get from his stimulus check and he could go 6 months and not miss a beat.
Maybe the State will adjust it so he doesn't receive more than normal wages, well see.


What may be the real eye opener to those laid off is if they have the same job to go back to before their unemployment runs out.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Posted: 04/03/20 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

GM trucks outselling Ford trucks? Say it ain't so!! What is wrong with the world? [emoticon] LOL

It must be the tailgate.....



It is not the tailgate. It is.....
















[image]

* This post was edited 04/03/20 10:07am by mich800 *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > GM trucks outsell Ford first quarter !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.