cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Destroying a truck

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Found this article today where these guys buy a truck just to destroy it.
Overload
21 REPLIES 21

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
It's pretty impressive that the hydraulic suspension still worked and the truck still drove ok afterward. Also impressive that those spindly looking wheels didn't collapse like paper plates with upwards of 14K on the rear axle.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
parker.rowe wrote:
kw/00 wrote:
Well itโ€™s sad to see someone put so much money into a truck just to destroy it... such a wasteful society and or generation. Iโ€™m not by any means old.. but grew up poor and had to work for everything that I have.... so what I own I respect and take care of.... some people are just idiots...

Wasteful generation? I agree it is stupid and I didn't bother watching the video...

However destroying expensive things for entertainment of the masses (edit: and to make money) is nothing new to this generation. The technology has just changed.

For 40 Years, Crashing Trains Was One of Americaโ€™s Favorite Pastimes

Link is an article, not a youtube video.

I still think the Romans have the monopoly on wasting and destroying things just for entertainment. God knows how many animals and people they killed just for entertainment.

Then you have top fuel dragsters who spend millions on engines knowing that the power they put through them will only allow them to last about 12 passes each being 3-4 seconds.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Core drill and dynamite would have quickly removed the concrete. :B
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

parker_rowe
Explorer
Explorer
kw/00 wrote:
Well itโ€™s sad to see someone put so much money into a truck just to destroy it... such a wasteful society and or generation. Iโ€™m not by any means old.. but grew up poor and had to work for everything that I have.... so what I own I respect and take care of.... some people are just idiots...

Wasteful generation? I agree it is stupid and I didn't bother watching the video...

However destroying expensive things for entertainment of the masses (edit: and to make money) is nothing new to this generation. The technology has just changed.

For 40 Years, Crashing Trains Was One of Americaโ€™s Favorite Pastimes

Link is an article, not a youtube video.
2015 Starcraft TravelStar 239TBS 6500 GVWR
1997 GMC Suburban K2500 7.4 Vortec/4.10
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
So much for me crashing in flames when I overload the rear axle of my Ford by 168lbs. over the sticker.

If theyda hadda dually it would have been way more stable...

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I watched about 10 seconds....lol.
Mustโ€™ve related to the dill weeds doing the Ram Brodozer pulling contests. Those videos are another good lesson in the stupidity of some and what not to do!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The bachelor on YouTube? I'd avoid that!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
time2roll wrote:
BobsYourUncle wrote:
More money than brains..... :R
You tube probably pays him $20k+ a month for the air time.

Yep, they probably will make way more money from youtube and facebook than what that truck costs. No different than a movie studio spending millions on some actor and millions more to make a movie all to make millions off of it. Or a football team spending millions on some football player to make millions off of them from the tickets, merchandise, TV deals, and so on. There really is no value out of either of these other than entertainment.

Too many forget youtube in an entertainment source. Want to learn something, search for that. Want to watch something that fits your taste for entertainment, search for that. No different than watching the news or the bachelor on TV. You have a choice.

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Nv Guy wrote:
That whole thing from start to finish is remarkably stupid.

Agreed, and yet we all watched it from start to finish along with thousands of other people. ๐Ÿ™‚ Pure, silly entertainment, just what we need right now!
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
I was referred to, and viewed a youtube video on how to repair the door for our dishwasher. Very good demonstration, then following the video, took ours apart and replaced the lock and reassembled. very simple, very quick, and saved an expensive service call. So youtube does have some good uses.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't glamorize stupid behavior. Take down the post.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
BobsYourUncle wrote:
More money than brains..... :R
You tube probably pays him $20k+ a month for the air time.

Yep, they probably will make way more money from youtube and facebook than what that truck costs. No different than a movie studio spending millions on some actor and millions more to make a movie all to make millions off of it. Or a football team spending millions on some football player to make millions off of them from the tickets, merchandise, TV deals, and so on. There really is no value out of either of these other than entertainment.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Never click on a link that takes you to Youtube unless you really need the information. In other words, don't feed the animals.

Roughly ten percent of YouTube is useful for stuff like finding out how to remove a door panel without wrecking it, or how that weird electrical connector comes apart, or how to fix a water softener.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP