cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No Corona

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Dang the Corona brewery is stoping production!

Now we have to drink more Tequila, Mezcal and pulque, such is life at the moment.

navegator
30 REPLIES 30

northsloper
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 6 pack in the fridge for friends to drink. Been there since November and yes I do have friends ๐Ÿ˜‰ just not Corona drinking friends I guess

Talleyho69
I have a picture of my sweetie drinking a bottled Corona in Hong Kong a couple of years ago, while leaning on a street sign showing where we were.

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
Corona beer is the most popular beer in the world including the United States. We have traveled Europe, Central, South America, Canada and have always found Corona beer sold.

The dinosaurs are still on the label and Corona bottle labels are imprinted into the glass.It became a pilsner beer in 1925 in Mexico brewed by German immigrants.
In 1976 Grupo Modelo started exporting Corona to the U.S.

By the way its not my favorite beer but it is the beer I drink most in Mexico and home I have a 12 pk in fridgerator now, won't last long.

Stay thirsty My friend!
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:
Many microbreweries are able to sell craft beer as curbside pickups.

Now THAT is service!

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
wildtoad wrote:
I suspected it was a beer play from the title. I find it just fine. Thanks.

X2
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
When my brother and I were joung the Corona logo on the botle had a dinosaur so my brother and I used to say that it was dinosaur pee, I prefer xx, Pacifico, Iindio, Tecate, a lot more that I do not recal and the dark beers of couse, and one special Noche Buena, drink yor beer ladies and gentleman it is in short supply.

navegator

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
Corona has always had a skunky taste to it for me. I love Mexican beer - first Tecate, then Pacifico, now I've graduated to Dos Equis when it is available. In southern Mexico Victoria or Indio. It's all very good - but I've never liked Corona.

Most of you probably already have this link webcamshttps://www.webcamgalore.com/Mexico/m-1.html

I look at Mazatlan's beaches - now all but deserted... It's astounding.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
The Corona beer was the poor mans beer in Mexico in the 50's and 60's no well to do Mexican would drink it, cheapest beer in town, then in the mid 70's an advertisement campaign on TV in the USA popularized the brand specially in California, yes it is sold in Mexico and Costco carries it, now it is as expensive as the rest .

In the earlly days they had what was known as a Coronita, a bottle half the size of a regular bottle and they cost 0.25 cents at the pulqueria, one beer and 1/2 liter of pulque, that by the way finishes fermenting in the stomack you had a good buss for the night and one hell of a hang over next day.

Tomense su Corona y dejen de chillar!

navegator

Talleyho69
Personally, I'm a Corona Light kind of girl, bottles not cans.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
They dont drink that stuff in Mexico. That's made just to be shipped up above the border.
Dos Eqqis, thats Beer.
And if they are shutting that one down, I'm glad i got 2 12 packs yesterday,

Corona is the number 1 seller in Mexico.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
How can I help get it restarted?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Admin
ScottG wrote:
Corona beer sales took a hit from the very beginning of the crisis - just because of their name.

At my local pool hall, sales of their beer dropped off big time just because of the name before we were closed down.
Go figure :E

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
They dont drink that stuff in Mexico. That's made just to be shipped up above the border.
Dos Eqqis, thats Beer.
And if they are shutting that one down, I'm glad i got 2 12 packs yesterday,

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
In Mexico when you say Corona, or Coronita EVERY ONE knows it is BEER.

Remember the Corona beer comercials on TV?....In the Unided States in California?

Now that we are home bound wouldn't you like to be on a beautifull beach swaying in a hamock with an ice cold Corona BEER in your hand.

It is not corona virus it is covid-19, lighten up guys.

I am certified by the State of California Fire Marshal as a FIRE mechanic one, I was the guy behind the fire women an fire men until my retierment, in any case this is a tread for Mexico mainly and Mexicans have a great sence of humor in view of adversity, right now there is a plane overhead with a loud speaker telling every one to stay home, I wish I had an ice cold Corona right now, and it is all sold out!

navegator