cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stimulus Check , what are you going to do with yours ?

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know that many people are going to need it to pay bills because they are layed off.

But, I plan to donate much of mine to the places that I would have spent it at if I could have.

For example, I am usually camping at a local county park on the weekends by now but, it is closed. When it opens up again I will calculate how much money I would have given them for camping and then send that amount to them. I feel that's only fair.

Another example is a small amusement park near me called Arnold's Park Amusement Park. They are not open for the season yet and I wonder if they will. Even if they do I bet their income for the year will be down. I will probably send them some money too. Or, maybe purchase a couple of tickets and either give them away or throw them away. I would have ended up buying a couple of tickets there anyway so I feel that this is a good thing to be spending the money on.

Try to spend your stimulus check local and help out the places that you would have spent it at anyway.

It's only fair.
79 REPLIES 79

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
ken56 wrote:
Maybe a new M1A or Mini30

I've already got an M1A and ammo for it. I'll be buying some ammo and some 30 round magazines for the M1 carbine someone gave me a year ago. The gun is in excellent condition and the bore looks pristine. He only had about 200 rounds of ammo and the original magazines are a little rusty. It'll make a great companion rifle when I go nomading out west when I retire.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gave it to the credit card to help pay for the new solar system we had installed on our 5th wheel last month in Quartzsite.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
After donating some of ours ... I'll probably use the remainder to continue paying off our credit card balance that was accrued through the buying of RV fuel. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Technically the payment is a refundable tax credit that qualifying Americans can apply to their 2020 tax bill, but the government is handing it out early.
A tax credit reduces your tax bill on a dollar-for-dollar basis. Refundable credits, like the stimulus payment, mean you can get cash back even if you don't owe anything.
Don't worry: The one-time payment won't reduce your tax refund. If you're owed one and you file your tax return, you'll still get the full refund as a separate payment.

Quote from Business Weekly Publication

Mmaxed
Explorer II
Explorer II
I told our broker, we'd probably invest it since the wife vetoed spending it on beer and hookers.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
We will donate it to a food bank as many people need this far more than I do. The totally sad thing as this government is spending another trillion of FAKE money. America will need decades to recover and that is only with responsible government.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
mike brez wrote:
buy weed and beer

At least you are honest!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
mike brez wrote:
buy weed and beer
And spend the rest of it on unnecessary stuff? ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
buy weed and beer
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
We have thought about it since the stimulus was announced. We are retired, no longer own an RV, no house or vehicle payments, just monthly living expenses.
We have decided to send it to my nephew living in Texas. He has been suffering from stage 4 colon cancer since last fall. He has lost many family members to this terrible disease, including his mother. He has a wife and 10 year old son. He has been a EMT and Fireman for about 12 years, went to Houston for several weeks during the floods. He has not worked since November, and his wife had to quit to take care of him. He is a selfless, God fearing man and this is just a small part we can do to help his family...
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
NJRVer wrote:
Maybe I'll get me a dog collar too.

You should do that.

You might like it, it might feel good
You might see the world a whole new way :W

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pay bills of course.

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
As soon as these travel restrictions are lifted, we are jumping in the RV and heading west ( from Seekonk Ma) to the New Mexico and Colorado area. If we do receive any money it will go into our little travel stash and will be used to pay for our camping sites and supplies along the way. We usually stay at private campgrounds so we will try to stock up and buy a little more of the assorted stuff (t-shirts and small gifts) at the camp stores..
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:
Tom Petty fans:

What was Spikeโ€™s answer to the question โ€œHey Spike! Whaddaya like?โ€

Thatโ€™s my answer.

:):)

Maybe I'll get me a dog collar too.