cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

levelers

F450
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to install levelers on my motorhome. Any suggestions? Which is better, electric or hydraulic? I have been looking at Equalizer and Bigfoot.
9 REPLIES 9

F450
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the advice. I will check them out.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Just put HWH jacks on our coach. Replaced level legs. My dealer installed the in 1 1/2 days. HWH will do it at their factory in Moscow Iowa also. Wouldnโ€™t mess with any others
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
After 40 years as an RV tech, this is the order I would use for Jacks. Doug
1. HWH far above the rest
2. Equalizer
3. LCI
4. Bigfoot

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the Bigfoot system myself and would never do it again ever. The problem was not the unit itself but the company itself. Numerous parts were either wrong or missing. Phone calls were very rarely ever returned over a period of months of waiting. Replacent parts took a couple weeks at a time to obtain and again it was a nightmare trying to get ANYONE to return my calls. The company I dealt with was in White Pigeon, Michigan. In the end, I was so frustrated with them I went to a local company to have the proper length hydraulic lines made and paid out of pocket for them because I'd already spent over 2 months on the project and needed to move on and finish. My understanding is that there is a BigFoot dealer in Florida and I'm not sure of the service they provide since I never dealt with them.

I've read numerous posts that rave about the great service people have received from BigFoot. in White Pigeon and I can only guess that their units were installed at the factory. But why should it be any different?

On a cross country trip last year we stopped in Michigan at the BigFoot factory for some parts and needed service. I met the same people who didn't/wouldn't call me back and when I reminded them, they just shrugged it off. Want to do your own install? Think again or maybe try the folks in Florida.

I had done research prior to deciding to install the system myself and I was given quotes of around $2,000. Today, I would gladly pay it. If I had the right parts and support I could have done the installation on my 2018 Sprinter in two long days. There was a point in time when I was going to package everything up and send it back and demand a refund but changed my mind because the shipping was already over $200 so I was stuck!

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We replaced our Atwood Levelegs last summer in favor of the Bigfoot system. Very happy with them. Customer service is excellent. We have a Phaeton DP.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
HWH hydraulic
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

jcsb
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoot
Jim Hunter

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Please tell us what RV you have. Advice for a Class C is useless for a tag axle DP.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
F450 wrote:
I am going to install levelers on my motorhome. Any suggestions? Which is better, electric or hydraulic? I have been looking at Equalizer and Bigfoot.

I like the Bigfoot units, but haven't got around to it yet. They're located closer to me, too.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)