Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Arizona forced residency - coronavirus non travel?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Arizona forced residency - coronavirus non travel?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are a high income earner you are the perfect storm for Arizona to chase you down if you stay beyond their residency exemption periods. Arizona will cast a much brighter light on people who claim residency in low tax states yet spend all their time in Arizona. Washington residency as shown by driver's and vehicle licenses, with it's lack of a state income tax would be a major target

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I suspect Arizona has bigger fish to fry right now.

Kevin

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is the last thing I'd even think about. As an Arizona resident they don't check much at all. And besides that waivers are being given for just about anything, drivers licenses, license plates etc. Just relax and enjoy the ride!

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dunno for sure, except that my folks that are in their mid 70's now have been snowbirding between WA and AZ for about 15 years now and they always stuck to the 6 month rule to not become AZ residents...

Both of my folks are extreme high risk seniors, but healthy for the most part otherwise, and they still plan on coming back to WA in mid May..

They don't RV at all anymore, so it's between their houses in each state, so they will be in a car and take about 5-7 days to make the trek.

Will have to just see what happens and if they can stop in a hotel/motel along the way and be safe... Might have to stay in AZ and deal with it in the end.. Who knows.. I don't thing they can make you become an AZ resident in this current time.. It would be better to stay put and just deal with it like the rest of the world now.. And not enforce some resident rule on old folks that just want to stay warm, but not broil in the summer either! [emoticon]

Mitch

Lwiddis

Near Annett’s Mono Village, Bridgeport, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/20 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Give it a couple of months...no travel, social distancing.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

BarbaraOK

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're in Arizona while hubby is recovering from open heart surgery. So we had already planned on not leaving until the 1st of June. Luckily, we have a park model, so until things appear better, we will just stay here Would like to spend time somewhere else in the summer, but will depend upon whether RV parks open up north of here. We have family in the PNW, so that's where we usually head. Just have to wait and see.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006
Figment II (2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ">
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761
Our Blog

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/20 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

My question is who in the government is watching you that closely with a stop watch and calendar in hand declaring you a resident when your time is up? In these extraordinary times, I would not worry about it. Just stay until you feel safe traveling. Now if you stay two or three years, then......
We cops used to watch the people with out of state plates dropping their kids off at school or seeing out of state plates at places of employment. If you're kids are going to school here and you're not paying out of state tuition then you need AZ tags. Same if you're working here. We didn't pay any attention to RVers.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a lot of people from where we live with winter homes in Florida. They are panicked about the dreaded “6 month rule”. Years ago when I last owned a home n the Keys I visited for 4 months a year I made it my primary for taxes because the choice was FL (zero income tax) or New Jersey (huge income tax). At the end of the day it just isn’t worth mattering to states until you try to use their school system.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another thing to remember there are a whole lot of working folks in Yuma RV parks that are not from AZ. Working the border wall.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/20 10:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AZ law 28-2001 defines an AZ resident as someone who is in the state for 7 months or more during a calendar year.

There are other conditions that generally don't apply to RVers (like getting a job). So, if you were in AZ Jan 1st and are still here at the end of July you become an AZ resident by definition. Is anybody going to care? I seriously doubt it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Arizona forced residency - coronavirus non travel?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.