cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camping World Fail (Again)

bstar1952
Explorer
Explorer
I'm actually smiling, CW's incompetence and dishonesty just makes me smile. Tried to order a BAL spare tire carrier on-line this morning using the "coupon code" issued to me that was on back of their new catalog I received last week. The coupon was for 'up to 50% off any single item'. Of course during check-out, the coupon was denied. Called them and after talking to 6 different agents in 3 different departments (I swear this is true) finally asked for a supervisor who told me I had to first go to another CW on-line site to redeem the coupon and would be given another code to use at checkout. Did that and low and behold, the new code (now at 10% off), was denied also. All this took me over an hour --- for nothing. Their new catalog went in the trash and I'm done with them for anything. Will not renew Good Sam either. I've read lots of negative posts about CW and now I see why. I suppose business ethics isn't practiced at this company. Sad!
Bstar1952
Bandera, Texas
2020 Ram 2500,6.4 Hemi
2019 (East to West) Della Terra 29KRK
Fastway E2 WHD Hitch
22 REPLIES 22

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
My experience with CW had been good. They have what they advertise. However, are not the cheapest option.

I usually shop Amazon or eBay but when I want to touch a product I go to the store. It is the same with Cabelas, it cost more but they have it.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
I ordered a Maxxair fan cover from CW, because they had the best price I could find. It arrived promptly, but there was a problem... they forgot to include the hardware pack and the grill. All I received was the cover itself.

A call to customer service was all it took to get them to send a new one, including the hardware, grill, AND another cover. They told me to keep the extra one.

I will say that they are the kings when it comes to spamming your email. After a couple of unsubscribe attempts, I just put them on the Junk list.

An extra cover with no hardware, useless.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm what about all the free camping CW offers?

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a Maxxair fan cover from CW, because they had the best price I could find. It arrived promptly, but there was a problem... they forgot to include the hardware pack and the grill. All I received was the cover itself.

A call to customer service was all it took to get them to send a new one, including the hardware, grill, AND another cover. They told me to keep the extra one.

I will say that they are the kings when it comes to spamming your email. After a couple of unsubscribe attempts, I just put them on the Junk list.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Bal Tire Carrier
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
AWS is a $10B/year business and own over half the market.

My Karma ran over my Dogma
kar·ma
/?kärm?/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: karma
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.

dog·ma
/?dô?m?/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: dogma; plural noun: dogmas
a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
What no please PM me, Ella. Amazing it's gotten this far.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
AWS is a $10B/year business and own over half the market.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
While Amazon is making a lot of money now.... They are not making it from selling items on the web.
Most all of their profit comes from the cloud.

Describe how they are making money from "the cloud"...
They sell cloud computing services.
It was kind of an accident. They got involved with it, and It seems that they were shocked at how it took off
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thermoguy wrote:
deltabravo wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
While Amazon is making a lot of money now.... They are not making it from selling items on the web.

AWS - Amazon Web Services - Amazon owns many server farms and does a huge business selling cloud services and storage.

Yep. Those links you see flash up sometimes when you fetch documents from companies or even some governments that have AWS in them...Amazon is hosting them. You can also rent high performance computing from them month to month.

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
Huntindog wrote:

AWS - Amazon Web Services - Amazon owns many server farms and does a huge business selling cloud services and storage.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
bstar1952 wrote:
I'm actually smiling, CW's incompetence and dishonesty just makes me smile. Tried to order a BAL spare tire carrier on-line this morning using the "coupon code" issued to me that was on back of their new catalog I received last week. The coupon was for 'up to 50% off any single item'. Of course during check-out, the coupon was denied. Called them and after talking to 6 different agents in 3 different departments (I swear this is true) finally asked for a supervisor who told me I had to first go to another CW on-line site to redeem the coupon and would be given another code to use at checkout. Did that and low and behold, the new code (now at 10% off), was denied also. All this took me over an hour --- for nothing. Their new catalog went in the trash and I'm done with them for anything. Will not renew Good Sam either. I've read lots of negative posts about CW and now I see why. I suppose business ethics isn't practiced at this company. Sad!

Yes, huge kudos for this site allowing criticism of the parent company. That said, the Knoxville TN CW tried to cheat me blind and used hi pressure sales tactics exceeding anything I have seen from a used car salesmen (bait and switch, shuffling papers to hide numbers, "just initial here that you read this", physical intimidation, etc). I haven't been back and will never buy anything from CW again. It purely amazes me that this kind of behavior is tolerated (encouraged?) in this day of the internet where it will certainly be publicized. And I enjoy telling everyone at the campgrounds of my experience with CW.

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Another Sears in the making. A company that had a great marketing nitch, reasonable products that had a particular group of customers, and stood behind their product line. Craftsman, appliances, work clothes. And then they lost their way and went to designer this and that, no catalog sales, etc. Appliance repair parts about impossible to find. We studied Sears in my MBA courses as an example of what not to do and Camping World is another prime example. We've gone from a frequent customer to an occasional customer to "I'll never deal with them again". Too bad but that nitch is open again and someone will eventually step up to fill it.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Huntindog wrote:

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator