cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eastern Shore of Virginia Welcome Center

mcc272
Explorer
Explorer
We have a potentially urgent medical problem developing that may necessitate a trip to Connecticut for diagnosis and treatment in mid-May. We would be completely self contained on the way north with no need to use restrooms and with a truck with a large tank so minimal fuel stops. Some of the places we normally stop are still open. Does anyone know if the Eastern Shore of Virginia Welcome Center at the northern end of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel in Cape Charles, VA is still allowing overnight parking? I was unable to reach them by phone.
mcc272
2013 F350, Crew, 4x4, Diesel, DRW
2019 Airstream International Serenity 25 FBT
4 REPLIES 4

mcc272
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. That is extremely helpful, especially knowing that there are alternatives if they have it barricaded.
mcc272

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't recall if there is a barrier gate at the entrance, street view might show that, but the parking area is HUGE to accommodate vehicles whenever the CBBT is closed.

I would not sweat it. There are Walmarts up along rt13.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

mcc272
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I had seen that re the VDOT situation. I am pretty sure that the Eastern Shore of Virginia Welcome Center is not a VDOT facility.
mcc272

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
As of right now, all 43 Virginia rest areas are open. As you know, things change every day and sometimes several times a day. Who knows what will be happening in May.

You can keep abreast to all of Virginia's changes in roads, rest areas, toll booths, etc. here:

VDOT news
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW