cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Plamosa Rd.\ Bouse

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone camped at either places? Conditions, crowd ? Also Scadan Wash area.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)
13 REPLIES 13

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
We drove through Quartzsite and Plamosa yesterday. Not much going on in town. The rv parks had plenty of empty spaces and Plamosa had maybe a dozen rv's that I could see from the highway. There may have been more that couldn't be seen from the road.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I got stranded one time for several months, with no access to stores -- but there was UPS delivery. I got all my food online. I understand there are places in Quartzsite that will accept packages for RVers. Maybe that's what some people are doing.

I agree with leaving the desert spots for fulltimers, if possible, although I appreciate that Tuna is planning to be very self-contained and not stop for food or gas or anything.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
garyhaupt wrote:
I think it is incumbent on people to remember, just because there are people out in the boonies...like Plamosa and Q, many people have no where else TO go. Their home is on wheels and they have be allowed to park, somewhere.

Gary Haupt

In those AZ areas I wonder where RV'ers are restocking their food supplies? Are the relatively small markets in the area well stocked enough in these times to supply both the RV dwellers and the locals?

In normal times whenever we're in those areas, our food supplies come from small markets with usually very poor fresh food choices - even the packaged food choices are not at all what we're used to.

Yes, for sure, if a person was planning on being out for more than a week or ten days. Mind you.. dumping once a week is likely too, so, two jobs, so to speak, in one go. Either Q or Parker are only 30 minutes away.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
garyhaupt wrote:
I think it is incumbent on people to remember, just because there are people out in the boonies...like Plamosa and Q, many people have no where else TO go. Their home is on wheels and they have be allowed to park, somewhere.

Gary Haupt

In those AZ areas I wonder where RV'ers are restocking their food supplies? Are the relatively small markets in the area well stocked enough in these times to supply both the RV dwellers and the locals?

In normal times whenever we're in those areas, our food supplies come from small markets with usually very poor fresh food choices - even the packaged food choices are not at all what we're used to.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer

Gary Haupt

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Above link won't work.

https://youtu.be/Ul7zft51Htg
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
https://youtu.be/Ul7zft51Htg

RVerTV (Russ) on YouTube just put out a video yesterday with drone footage of some of the other Quartzsite BLM areas. There are people there, check it out

JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Gary

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I have been at Plamosa....lots of space, that's for sure.

Gary Haupt

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Donโ€™t want to postpone anything, tuna? No matter what?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
I think that's due to the fact that communities can't handle the amount of people. I come over with everything I need for 2 weeks, only 3hrs to home in Joshua Tree. Just want to get out of the house and do a little trail riding.

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
The 2nd week of March of this year I camped at Plamosa Rd for 3 nights in my truck camper. Very large area and nearest camper was probably 50 yards away. However, things have probably changed since then. Here's info from the BLM site (see Colorado River District here) re this area now:

Currently, the La Posa North, South, West, and Tyson Wash LTVAs south of Quartzsite, Arizona, and Imperial Dam LTVA in California, remain open to the public, but are at maximum capacity. Capacity is determined in coordination with local, county, and state health and safety officials and on the ability to provide services. Dispersed camping areas near the LTVAs are also full. You should look for alternative camping locations.

BTW, also stayed at Road Runner S of Q and it was very nice.
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Does it matter? If you are in Joshua Tree, CA, planning a trip to Plamosa Road, AZ, would be traveling and crossing state lines for unnecessary travel, wouldnโ€™t it?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad