Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: What's Opened?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What's Opened?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is still opened?
What is closed?

I was in N Ga and April 3rd at 6pm they were closing down. I saw signs (posted prior) that the AT was closed. Why? no idea, this is the ultimate social distancing activity.
The "Forest" was closed. Im not sure what that means. Many primitive campsites were posted closed with threats of $5,000 fines or a year in jail - for camping or parking in the middle of nowhere! The World has gone insane.

The trails were closed, but the Governor said going out to exercise was allowed. Since when did we lose our freedoms? Like 911, this too shall never pass.

If you see something opened, or closed, let us know the date and location.

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 07:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here in Arkansas they tried to keep State Parks and hiking trails open, that lasted over one weekend. People were not practicing the six foot rule, crowding together in packs, and they shut all that down. Most city parks, playgrounds and groups of five or more are also forbidden. Walking around the yard is about all that's left.

Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

Lwiddis

Mojave, Kern County, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/20 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“Since when did we lose our freedoms?” Lincoln suspended habeas corpus. FDR rounded up all Japanese Americans. Truman nationalized the steel industry. All un-Constitutional.

Waiving the flag and shouting about the Constitution won’t stop this virus. All of us staying put, Social distancing, wearing masks, washing our hands will help stop this virus.

Your home county newspaper reported two days ago...”St. Clair County previously has announced three COVID-19 related deaths.”

Help. Don’t hurt.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Reader1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 08:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ohio State Park hiking trails and lakes are still opened. State park lodges, campgrounds, cabins, golf courses and all restrooms are closed. Each State Park can determine if the trails need to be closed due to overcrowding.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

Here is a way to find possibly open locations. I would suggest phoning to confirm.

https://blog.rvillage.com/rvillage-list-........55480405.1586028570-431606661.1542750185

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Considering that virus can fly up to 10 feet distance when infected person sneezes or coughs social distancing is a good idea.
Wearing mask is even better protection,,one reason Japan for example has very few dead while Italy has many thousands

https://youtu.be/LViJVf1cO_A

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ajriding wrote:

What is still opened?
What is closed?

I was in N Ga and April 3rd at 6pm they were closing down. I saw signs (posted prior) that the AT was closed. Why? no idea, this is the ultimate social distancing activity.
The "Forest" was closed. Im not sure what that means. Many primitive campsites were posted closed with threats of $5,000 fines or a year in jail - for camping or parking in the middle of nowhere! The World has gone insane.

The trails were closed, but the Governor said going out to exercise was allowed. Since when did we lose our freedoms? Like 911, this too shall never pass.

If you see something opened, or closed, let us know the date and location.

You lost your "freedom" when the rest of us decided we wanted to live. Staying in your home restricts the chances of spreading this virus, plain and simple.

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Redcatcher70 wrote:

Here in Arkansas they tried to keep State Parks and hiking trails open, that lasted over one weekend. People were not practicing the six foot rule, crowding together in packs, and they shut all that down. Most city parks, playgrounds and groups of five or more are also forbidden. Walking around the yard is about all that's left.

It's hard for some to understand that it's the few that makes these places have to shut down. We would all like to be able to get out there, allowing for the distance thing in the process. But.....that group of rowdies two sites over......well, you know the rest.

Jackathan

Nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 09:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We, (Me, My Wife, and two of our children,) went camping in Nebraska last weekend. The sites are roomy, and far from other campers. We stayed away from other people. There were plenty of people out camping and enjoying the outdoors. Nobody was getting close to anyone. We went for walks, and when there were other people walking, we keep distance, and so did they. We were firmly believing that here in Nebraska, we had a good grasp on social distancing, hoping that the campgrounds would continue to allow overnight camping. But, alas, they closed overnight camping a day or two ago. Unbelievable. The parks are open for day use, makes no sense. I don't have to explain to the folks on RV.net. Just frustrating. At least we got out two weekends this spring before the madness started.

Son of Norway

Denver, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/20 10:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have read that rural areas don't have the medical resources to take care of outsiders who might contract the virus, so that is why they are closing campgrounds.

Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What's Opened?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.