cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laundromats are closed!!

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don’t really care cause my mh has a washer. But I’m still down here in Yuma and am told the laundromats are closed! What is a person supposed to do? It’s not only snowbirds that use these. I’ve seen lots of young local people in them. I can’t believe that these wouldn’t be considered essential.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
44 REPLIES 44

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
I don't know about in Oregon, but they are not testing everyone with symptoms here in Missouri. Peggy has talked to several friends who were denied testing because they weren't sick enough. So it's pretty obvious the number of people who would test positive are much higher than the numbers that are given.

Definitely not testing everyone here...far from it.

Here's one guy's opinion with supporting data as to why laundromats (on topic) and everything else should be opened back up:

https://www.professorhinkley.com/blog/why-is-oregon-still-on-lock-down

It doesn’t matter what that guy says, most people are like sheep, you have to believe tptb when they say BOO.

MrWizard
I did laundry this evening,
They are still operating here,
There were few people than usual,
No problem getting washers or dryers
There signs asking customers to start the wash them go e wait in their car for 30 minutes,
Come back load the dryers and go back to the car
Then take the laundry home, folding tables were not to be used, some people folded over the carts
I brought mine back home to the RV,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
I don't know about in Oregon, but they are not testing everyone with symptoms here in Missouri. Peggy has talked to several friends who were denied testing because they weren't sick enough. So it's pretty obvious the number of people who would test positive are much higher than the numbers that are given.

Definitely not testing everyone here...far from it.

Here's one guy's opinion with supporting data as to why laundromats (on topic) and everything else should be opened back up:

https://www.professorhinkley.com/blog/why-is-oregon-still-on-lock-down

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

Making the ACTUAL death rate MUCH lower. But that may not be what some would like!
Well, yes the fatality rate would be correspondingly lower if the number of people who would actually test positive were in fact tested. The numbers at this point are pretty speculative considering how many people there are, how many have been tested, what the testing accuracy is, and number of tests kits there are available. Many, many variables in the whole equation.

I have no idea what some would like, and don't intend to speculate.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
TechWriter wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

No way would you catch me in a Laundromat!!!

Now I have another reason to be happy I have had a WD for nearly 5 years.

Ditto.

Sexy “Pair”
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:

Making the ACTUAL death rate MUCH lower. But that may not be what some would like!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

No way would you catch me in a Laundromat!!!

Now I have another reason to be happy I have had a WD for nearly 5 years.

Ditto.

2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Time to turn them inside out.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
And now, back to OP's original topic . . .

wa8yxm wrote:
Laundry is an "Essential" service far as I know.

Until they shut down the laundromat.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
"COVID19 developed in 1 (ONE) area and has spread to over 182 COUNTRIES in less than 3 months..."

So the "flu" developed simultaneously all over the world? It spread just like this virus does, but it's been around for much longer. However, the "flu" is actually comprised of several different corona viruses, which is why the "flu" shot doesn't necessarily keep you from becoming ill.

As to when it first appeared...I personally know two people who showed all the symptoms of this virus back in December/January, one of which was me. This was much different that the normal "flu" that I've had in the past. Severe upper respiratory congestion, fever, fatigue, dry coughing. It hung on for about 2 weeks. I finally went to my physician and was checked for "flu" and pneumonia. Negative for both. I never really felt awful, just coughed and felt very tired. And since we're old, we kept all the kids out of the house, and I went no where until I felt better. So I'm convinced this virus has been in the US, and elsewhere too probably, for a while. That may explain why there is this "amazingly rapid spread".

Thanks for your story. I have suspected the same that it’s been here longer but the rapid spread has been in the testing, now that we know what it is we’re looking for. The good news if if you are correct about this, the spread will start to slow on its own as the number of people who cannot get reinfected in at least the near term will be higher than we thought.

On the other hand, only 5 percent of those tested in Oregon tested positive. So there must be a whole bunch of people who seem like they have it but don’t.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
fj12ryder wrote:
"COVID19 developed in 1 (ONE) area and has spread to over 182 COUNTRIES in less than 3 months..."

So the "flu" developed simultaneously all over the world? It spread just like this virus does, but it's been around for much longer. However, the "flu" is actually comprised of several different corona viruses, which is why the "flu" shot doesn't necessarily keep you from becoming ill.

As to when it first appeared...I personally know two people who showed all the symptoms of this virus back in December/January, one of which was me. This was much different that the normal "flu" that I've had in the past. Severe upper respiratory congestion, fever, fatigue, dry coughing. It hung on for about 2 weeks. I finally went to my physician and was checked for "flu" and pneumonia. Negative for both. I never really felt awful, just coughed and felt very tired. And since we're old, we kept all the kids out of the house, and I went no where until I felt better. So I'm convinced this virus has been in the US, and elsewhere too probably, for a while. That may explain why there is this "amazingly rapid spread".

^^ THIS!! Finally someone who gets it. So many think it just appeared out of nowhere in a nursing home in Seattle, yet it hit NYC harder than any other city in the US thus far in mere weeks.

Same deal with our family and other's I know. Strange upper respiratory illness. Some with fever, some just a nagging cough, so to speak. 3+ months ago. Wife tested neg for flu when she had it. It did put her in the hospital with pericarditis due to her chronic cardiac and respiratory problems. Me n the kids coughed for a few weeks and never stopped to wonder why.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II

As to when it first appeared...I personally know two people who showed all the symptoms of this virus back in December/January, one of whom was me. This was much different that the normal "flu" that I've had in the past. Severe upper respiratory congestion, fever, fatigue, dry coughing. It hung on for about 2 weeks. I finally went to my physician and was checked for "flu" and pneumonia. Negative for both. I never really felt awful, just coughed and felt very tired. And since we're old, we kept all the kids out of the house, and I went no where until I felt better. So I'm convinced this virus has been in the US, and elsewhere too probably, for a while. That may explain why there is this "amazingly rapid spread".

Improper grammar edited: "which" to "whom"
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:
How many people have died compared to the regular flu which kills 12,000 to 60,000 a year and alcohol at 88,000 or smoking and two of those are preventable. Oh wait, those generate big tax revenue. Maybe the medicine is worse than the virus.

Virus

The problem with those comparisons are that the flu develops simultaneously in cities all over and spreads. It doesn't start in Buffalo, NY and spread throughout the USA/world in a winter...

COVID19 developed in 1 (ONE) area and has spread to over 182 COUNTRIES in less than 3 months...

Comparing the flu to COVID19 is like comparing apples to concrete blocks... Think about it...

Ya gotta love the media...
Inquiring minds want to know...