cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jet pack 8800L have the problems been worked out?

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

I’m having problems with my Verizon 7730L jet pack. My considering replacing it with a 8800L. I have read there were problems with it when it first came out. Can any one advise if these problems have been solved? Thanks.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
6 REPLIES 6

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

I received our new 8800L jet pack today from Amazon. Had a little difficulty at first as it was in Spanish. Once that was changed it was up and running and already had the latest updates.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
navigator2346 wrote:
I've been using the 8800 for 2 years and no problems

Same here......no problems!!!
cpaulsen

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using the 8800 for 2 years and no problems

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Ahhh.. great.. keep posted how it all works out and don't trip.... heheh, I'm right behind ya...
Good luck..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10’ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow N’ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
fpoole wrote:
i believe they have, but more important if you have the 'Unlimited' plan that you might be grandfathered in, it that Vzn won't allow you to go back to it..
Last advise I saw, as I was thinking of doing the same, was to get the 88.. from a 3rd party and then swap chips...
This link might help, they just about cover it all...

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/

Hope that helps.. gotta watch Verizon, it's luv-hate thing... heheh

Howdy!

Thanks for the info. After researching their website I ordered a 8800L off Amazon. They recommended doing so to keep for losing me unlimited Verizon prepaid data plan.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
i believe they have, but more important if you have the 'Unlimited' plan that you might be grandfathered in, it that Vzn won't allow you to go back to it..
Last advise I saw, as I was thinking of doing the same, was to get the 88.. from a 3rd party and then swap chips...
This link might help, they just about cover it all...

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/

Hope that helps.. gotta watch Verizon, it's luv-hate thing... heheh
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10’ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow N’ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website