Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wisconsin Campgrounds

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Saw on news last night.

Wisconsin campgrounds are considered essential housing and are allowed open.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B
14 REPLIES 14

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I didn't say that we didn't like the tourist dollars. I tried to start a campaign with the Department of Tourism a couple of years ago. I offered to send out of state tourists envelopes that were pre-addressed and even had stamps attached. They could send their money to Wisconsin and never have to leave home.
As you can tell, I am tired of staying home and not going camping.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

wiskeyVI
Explorer
Explorer
Being an Illinois resident, I can still relate to this.
I live on a small lake in the southern part of the state.
This time of year it's usually still quiet here.
As soon as they peoples started the "Stay at Home" routine, it's been busy almost everyday.
It's not a problem with them being on the water, but many are not from around here, and end up in the couple remote places we can shop at without going to a large town where there are many more potential sick folks roaming around..

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
BarabooBob wrote:
I don't think Wisconsin people would be upset with you. After all, we have to put up with the people south of our border all the time. Sorry Illinois people, some of your residents give you a bad rep.
d

No problem LOL. But having been traveling to WI for many years, I've seen many WI residents that aren't the best of the best.
And not once have I heard them complain about our tourist dollars! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't think Wisconsin people would be upset with you. After all, we have to put up with the people south of our border all the time. Sorry Illinois people, some of your residents give you a bad rep.
d
2017 Viking 17RD
Retired

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
SpeakEasy wrote:
BarabooBob wrote:
I was just in Baraboo to get our weekly groceries. There were 3 trucks w/boats parked at the store with Illinois plates. Why can't these people stay at home. Don't bring more CV to us. We are dealing with our own. That is one reason the governor closed all of the parks. In the news video of the crowded parks, 4 of the 7 cars that you could see the license plates were from Illinois. I guess that makes sense, they think that Wisconsin is their largest state park.

One of my big concerns is, when we do start to see travel restrictions lifted, I will be traveling with NY plates on my vehicle. Will people assume I'm from NYCity and persecute me? In the county I live in, which is 350 miles from NYCity, we currently have 4 cases of COVID19 per 10,000 population. In NYCity it's over 95 per 10,000 population. It's bad enough that I have to put up with the same restrictions as NYCitiers, but will my fellow Americans hate me when I come to their state?

-Speak
I drove from TN to my home in upstate NY after TN closed their state parks. 2 overnights in commercial campgrounds on the way without problems, although I did get some "dirty looks" from some of the long time folks at the VA campground.

Once in NY, heading north on I 81 during the travel ban, passed lots of cops without problems.

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just talked with a friend that has a place in northren Wisconsin he spoke to a USFS LEO who stated that all FS CG's were closing.

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
BarabooBob wrote:
I was just in Baraboo to get our weekly groceries. There were 3 trucks w/boats parked at the store with Illinois plates. Why can't these people stay at home. Don't bring more CV to us. We are dealing with our own. That is one reason the governor closed all of the parks. In the news video of the crowded parks, 4 of the 7 cars that you could see the license plates were from Illinois. I guess that makes sense, they think that Wisconsin is their largest state park.

One of my big concerns is, when we do start to see travel restrictions lifted, I will be traveling with NY plates on my vehicle. Will people assume I'm from NYCity and persecute me? In the county I live in, which is 350 miles from NYCity, we currently have 4 cases of COVID19 per 10,000 population. In NYCity it's over 95 per 10,000 population. It's bad enough that I have to put up with the same restrictions as NYCitiers, but will my fellow Americans hate me when I come to their state?

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
2017 Viking 17RD
Retired

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Same here in Arizona, although they limit the number of campsites that are available. I'm guessing they only allow every other campsite to be occupied from what I read in the newspaper.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
The problem is, with so many places closed, any place that wanted to sensibly remain open, will be inundated by people traveling to that place to camp. I for one am chomping at the bit. I had a 6-week trip to Florida cancelled, and I'm literally looking for anyplace to go. I'm sure I'm not the only one. So what happens when we all find that ONE place that is still open?

And then there's the issue of the more remote, less-populated areas being unable to handle a large number of imported ill people.

I'm afraid the prospects of going camping soon are pretty bleak.

Grrr.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
dapperdan wrote:
The governor just announced that 40 state parks will be closing effective April 10th.

Dan

A while back our governor dropped all entry fees to WI State Parks/Forests. Attendance sky rocketed at most SP's. Even though the campground was closed an estimated 16,457 'day visitors' were at High Cliff SP over the weekend of April 4-5 leaving vandalism and alot of garbage in their wake. By the pic on the DNR website there was little if any social distancing taking place. Another example of a few have to ruin it for the many.

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
The governor just announced that 40 state parks will be closing effective April 10th.

Dan

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
The majority of RVโ€™ers will follow the rules. Iโ€™m sure there will be plenty of golf carts driving around making sure the small percentage of people not following the rules arenโ€™t congregating.

People need to get out for their own health as well as mental health!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"Wisconsin campgrounds are considered essential housing and are allowed open."

But enforcing distancing, masks ect. will be a challenge.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad