Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: And Texas Caves In
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > And Texas Caves In

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next
Walaby

Georgia

Senior Member

Joined: 11/10/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/09/20 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with you Schlep, which is why I am only suggesting that this COULD make an area a candidate for reopening sooner, rather than later.

At the appropriate time, there has to be a risk assessment. The risk of opening up, perhaps with limits initially, and gradually expanding against the risk of remaining shut down for an indeterminate period of time. Right now, the scientists are "running the show", but that needs to expand to include economists, businessmen etc to enable the GOV to make informed decisions, and perform the risk assessment.

I still believe lesser densely populated areas can have different solutions than large cities.

Mike


Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS


ExxWhy

not here

Senior Member

Joined: 11/24/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/09/20 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pasusan wrote:

ExxWhy wrote:

Remind me again which hospitals have been overwhelmed?

Well - here's one...

"Detroit hospital workers say people are dying in the ER hallways before help can arrive"


Is there a source for that statement aside from your keyboard?

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 04/09/20 08:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

troubledwaters wrote:

Lantley wrote:

...
If a little suffering keeps a few more people alive so be it.
There are much worse tragedies than high unemployment and the stock market crash. Guess what they can take your money but they can't eat you!
Be glad you have your health! Be glad your alive!Nothing else really matters. Including , RV'S, money, Jobs etc.
Your health and your families health are top priority. Everything else is just stuff that is ultimately disposable.
Wow how profound!
I just have one question. Tens of thousands of people die every year from seasonal flu, why don't we shut this country down every year for 3 months?
After all, if a little suffering keeps a few more people alive it's worth it right?

Let me say it again.................... stupid people do not get vaccinated against the flu. Go figure.
If you would check some sources, you would realize that being vaccinated against the seasonal flu doesn't mean you won't get it. There are about 5 strains of the corona virus that causes the flu. They concoct the vaccines for a couple of strains that are the most likely to cause issues in the upcoming flu season. That's why you can get a flu shot, and still get sick with the flu.


Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

westernrvparkowner

montana

Senior Member

Joined: 11/29/2008

View Profile



Posted: 04/09/20 08:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

troubledwaters wrote:

Lantley wrote:

...
If a little suffering keeps a few more people alive so be it.
There are much worse tragedies than high unemployment and the stock market crash. Guess what they can take your money but they can't eat you!
Be glad you have your health! Be glad your alive!Nothing else really matters. Including , RV'S, money, Jobs etc.
Your health and your families health are top priority. Everything else is just stuff that is ultimately disposable.
Wow how profound!
I just have one question. Tens of thousands of people die every year from seasonal flu, why don't we shut this country down every year for 3 months?
After all, if a little suffering keeps a few more people alive it's worth it right?

The fact that you want to compare covid deaths to those created by the seasonal flu let me know that you don't fully understand what's happening and why the shut down has been put in place. Just for reference thousands don't die overnight from the flu
It is estimated that globally between 250,000 and 500,000 people die each year from the flu. So unless you are implying that most flu victims die during the day, thousands of people do die overnight from the flu.
We will never know what would have happened had the actions taken not occurred. And only time will tell if there is any way to return to a resemblance of normalcy. But I think it is safe to say we cannot respond to every potential health threat in a similar manner going forward. Hopefully there will be great lessons learned and applied in the future from both sides.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

Senior Member

Joined: 10/05/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/09/20 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ExxWhy wrote:

pasusan wrote:

ExxWhy wrote:

Remind me again which hospitals have been overwhelmed?

Well - here's one...

"Detroit hospital workers say people are dying in the ER hallways before help can arrive"


Is there a source for that statement aside from your keyboard?


LOL. I think some folks like to argue for arguments sake. If you really aren't aware that some hospitals are overrun, that refrigerated trucks are being brought in to store bodies, that doctors are having to make decisions about who to save and who to let die, and a host of other issues because of the rapid increase in cases and deaths then you must live under a rock or are prone to fake news sources.

People want to believe what they want to believe in spite of facts. Thank God we have responsible state governments to protects us from them.


2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

bigred1cav

ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 09/14/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/09/20 09:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those capable of understanding something other than fox liars:

https://www.wnem.com/news/detroit-hospital-workers-say-people-are-dying-in-the-er-hallways-before-help-can-arrive/article_345532c4-7a5a-11ea-8a1b-93fd397df400.html




way2roll wrote:

ExxWhy wrote:

pasusan wrote:

ExxWhy wrote:

Remind me again which hospitals have been overwhelmed?

Well - here's one...

"Detroit hospital workers say people are dying in the ER hallways before help can arrive"


Is there a source for that statement aside from your keyboard?


LOL. I think some folks like to argue for arguments sake. If you really aren't aware that some hospitals are overrun, that refrigerated trucks are being brought in to store bodies, that doctors are having to make decisions about who to save and who to let die, and a host of other issues because of the rapid increase in cases and deaths then you must live under a rock or are prone to fake news sources.

People want to believe what they want to believe in spite of facts. Thank God we have responsible state governments to protects us from them.






winniman

muskoka Ontario

Senior Member

Joined: 01/26/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/09/20 09:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If people think that the economic repercussion is not important, wait until people run out of money, then food. I wouldn't want to live in a city like Detroit when that happens. At some point we have to isolate the most at risk, and get back to work. We cant wait until we have food riots in the streets.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 06/12/2005

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 04/09/20 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ExxWhy wrote:

pasusan wrote:

ExxWhy wrote:

Remind me again which hospitals have been overwhelmed?

Well - here's one...

"Detroit hospital workers say people are dying in the ER hallways before help can arrive"


Is there a source for that statement aside from your keyboard?


What's the matter don't you have NPR,BBC or know how to use Goggle??? If you got to this web site you surely can go to the Detroit Free press or check out how our governor is having to take steps that are unprecedented. You can also read how she had to yell to get tRump to support our state with medical needs that we had on contract and the feds took away.
Oh yeah there is a wealth of information out there and you don't need us to do the leg work, I think you should have time on your hands... LOL


2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

DallasSteve

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 05/28/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/09/20 09:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, how this thread has run.

So many old, sick people in a panic. I'm 63. I have pretty good health, but I do have some risk factors like high blood pressure, even though I'm not fat. But I'm willing to risk my life (the very small risk that this is) by getting life back to normal so that they financial burden won't be so heavy on my children and grandchildren. But a lot of old and sick are so afraid of dying that they would rather put this burden onto future generations.

Who is really compassionate and who is really selfish in this debate?





Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

Senior Member

Joined: 06/08/2001

View Profile



Posted: 04/09/20 09:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a "free country". We have the freedom to use different ways of finding our facts, and from different sources. Also, We have the freedom to be divided,....about 50/50 mas o menos. It keeps the forums going.


Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > And Texas Caves In
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.