Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: And Texas Caves In
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next
ExxWhy

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 06:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bigred1cav wrote:

For those capable of understanding something other than fox liars:

https://www.wnem.com/news/detroit-hospital-workers-say-people-are-dying-in-the-er-hallways-before-help-can-arrive/article_345532c4-7a5a-11ea-8a1b-93fd397df400.html

way2roll wrote:

ExxWhy wrote:

pasusan wrote:

ExxWhy wrote:

Remind me again which hospitals have been overwhelmed?

Well - here's one...

"Detroit hospital workers say people are dying in the ER hallways before help can arrive"

Is there a source for that statement aside from your keyboard?

LOL. I think some folks like to argue for arguments sake. If you really aren't aware that some hospitals are overrun, that refrigerated trucks are being brought in to store bodies, that doctors are having to make decisions about who to save and who to let die, and a host of other issues because of the rapid increase in cases and deaths then you must live under a rock or are prone to fake news sources.

People want to believe what they want to believe in spite of facts. Thank God we have responsible state governments to protects us from them.

Please tell me you read that article. I can see you all missed some key points. (Aside from the point western made about the state of Detroit medical system on a good day.) First RED flag, would be "according to CNN". But dig a tad bit deeper, did you catch the part about 7 nurses staged a sit down strike? The article fails to mention that said nurses were told to get to work or leave the hospital. They chose to leave, which meant the day shift nurses all had to stay for a 24 hour shift. Would you care to place any bets on where CNN got their 5 "health care workers" making the statements from? I just lost all respect for them when they wouldn't get to work and left patients and coworkers in that situation. Yes, they may have valid complaints but sometimes you have to settle some things later. So, no I don't think you can point to this multi-faceted instance of one hospital having major problems as the whole system being overwhelmed.

And yet some like to say I am argumentative and I listen to propaganda. Did you see the story about the local NY station that ran disturbing footage of lifesaving measures with a ventilator in a NY hospital? Oh wait, they pulled some canned footage from a nursing school training video and tried to pawn it off as breaking news. I'm sure you think I am making that up. How about CBS with a breathless report on the dire state of hospitals in NYC and they were using footage from Italy. Please, don't tell me to look for sources. Get out of your bubble of AP, CNN, NPR, BBC, networks, they all play from the same playbook and don't think for a moment it is anything but a playbook.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 06:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

As if the budget was balanced before this all started.

As if 3 million people (in the US) didn't die each year before this all started.

jaycocamprs

Ringgold Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 07:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

Why anyone, young or old, would play games and hope to luck out on not picking up this dangerous coronavirus bug ... has gotta be nuts! [emoticon]

Why I would take my chances is a easy answer. At this point you can either A: live in a bubble or B: get the virus. I am not going to live in fear, fear of dying which is a fact of life.

2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

bid_time

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 07:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

bid_time wrote:

Lantley wrote:

bid_time wrote:

x20 - We've already screwed our kids and grandkids. Our generation should be real ashamed of the mess we have left them with. They'd be better off if the coronavirus took our whole generation out.

So tell me how you know we are totally screwed. Honestly much in the way we have never quarantined the entire country. We have never deliberately created a financial crisis.
How long will it take to recover financially? What will the financial recovery entail. From a financial perspective we are also in uncharted territory.
Similar to the health aspects. We truly don't fully know how this plays out. I don't mean to imply there will no hardships. But we don't need to be ashamed that there was a pandemic.
Pandemic was not a word the we created. Pandemic have happened before and I imagine they will happen again.
One day when the dust settles the grand kids maybe grateful that we survived as well as we did!
Oh Yes Indeed! Our grandkids are going to be oh so proud of us leaving them $24 TRILLION dollars in debt; they'll be dancing in the streets. And you being one that advocates for paying cash or doing without. My how the worm doth turn. (And we're about to slather that $24T with a bunch of chocolate frosting with this recession/depression and forthcoming bailouts)

So how many lives you think all this save? Let’s be really generous and say 1 Million. Now a real conservative estimate of what this is going to cost is $3 Trillion. Of course if we don’t get the fast turnaround of the economy that number could easily double or triple real fast, but lets go with $3 Trillion. Now do the math, that’s $3 million dollars per life. So now you may say $3 M, saving a human life is worth that. No problem, that’s the right thing to do. The thing is, we spend $3 M dollars to save a life, but do we pay the bill, no we give the bill to our grandkids; just like we been doing for the last 50 years.
Then we walk away all proud of how noble we’ve been.
You want to be noble and save lives, pay the bill!
Don't buy what you can’t pay cash for, right Lantley.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 07:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

Lantley wrote:

As if 3 million people (in the US) didn't die each year before this all started.

Yes there were deaths, the flu,bankruptcy and stock market crashes before this virus and there will be all those things after this is over.

However without adequate testing availability and no vaccine. Social distancing and the shut down is our best method to slow down the virus.
If your thought is do nothing people die all the time than I think you just don't understand. If you think we can't afford to shut down you also are missing the point. We can't afford to sit back and just let people die.
Do you think every city having NYC or Washington State results is good for business or the economy?
Without social distancing what is your plan for slowing the virus? Do you think this is all just a ruse and what we are seeing is a gimmick? Do you think the virus is for real?
Is China in on the gimmick? How about Italy? They did very little for awhile how's there economy?

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 07:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

DallasSteve wrote:

Lantley wrote:

Yes there were deaths, the flu,bankruptcy and stock market crashes before this virus and there will be all those things after this is over.

However without adequate testing availability and no vaccine. Social distancing and the shut down is our best method to slow down the virus.
If your thought is do nothing people die all the time than I think you just don't understand. If you think we can't afford to shut down you also are missing the point. We can't afford to sit back and just let people die.
Do you think every city having NYC or Washington State results is good for business or the economy?
Without social distancing what is your plan for slowing the virus? Do you think this is all just a ruse and what we are seeing is a gimmick? Do you think the virus is for real?
Is China in on the gimmick? How about Italy? They did very little for awhile how's there economy?

Some Texans talk the talk but until it is them crying and sobbing on a gurney in the hospital they have nothing but self righteous bull to spew to the rest of us. It is always easy to give advice as long as it is not you!!!

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

rltorpey

The land of taxes

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/20 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This conversation about the hospitals being overwhelmed is puzzling.

I'm a volunteer Critical Care EMT in NY (state, not city). I live in a rural area. A while back somebody wrote that the hospitals are not overloaded by the flu. In my experience, that isn't true.

We've cut our healthcare system to the bone. Our ERs are almost always busy. During flu season it gets really bad. It isn't unusual for us to leave patients in hall carts because all of the rooms are full. I've brought patients in by ambulance and had to wait for up to 30 minutes for a bed in the hall for them. I've been told it's even worse in the cities around here. And I'm talking about before Covid 19.

It's not surprising to me to hear that hospitals are overwhelmed. From what I've seen the system has very little excess capacity. I suspect that's why so many politicians and medical experts have been so concerned. They know the system is already stretched pretty thin.

The part that is puzzling, to me at least, is that the hospitals in this area are far from overwhelmed. In fact, they're kind of quiet. I don't think they have more than a couple of actual Covid 19 patients and I think social distancing has done a pretty good job of bringing flu season to an end this year. Our call volume has gone down. I think people may be afraid to call an ambulance to go to the hospital but the actual reason our call volume is down is probably because fewer people are working and fewer people are driving so we aren't getting industrial accidents or motor vehicle accidents and other normal day to day calls.

Anyway, it's a strange situation, but I believe most people have more reason to fear influenza than Covid 19. Influenza seems to kill far more young, seemingly healthy people than Covid 19. I've seen some seriously ill children and young adults and it wasn't with Covid 19, it was with influenza. I wish you could have ridden in the back of the ambulance with me a while back with a 6 month old baby girl with a 105 degree temperature because of the flu. It gives you some perspective. I don't understand why so many people ignore influenza but seem to be scared to death of Covid 19.

I keep reading that you can't compare influenza and Covid 19. Maybe not, but you can compare people's reactions to them, and given the lack of concern most people seem to have for influenza, the level of concern being shown for Covid 19 seems somewhat silly to me. People would think you were crazy if you suggested shutting down the economy every November and December to protect people at risk of dying from influenza. Think of the impact that would have on Christmas sales.

Key Updates for Week 13, ending March 28, 2020

Laboratory confirmed flu activity as reported by clinical laboratories continues to decrease sharply and is now low. Influenza-like illness activity, while lower than last week, is still elevated. Influenza severity indicators remain moderate to low overall, but hospitalization rates differ by age group, with high rates among children and young adults.

CDC Report

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/20 08:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocamprs wrote:

pnichols wrote:

Why anyone, young or old, would play games and hope to luck out on not picking up this dangerous coronavirus bug ... has gotta be nuts! [emoticon]

Why I would take my chances is a easy answer. At this point you can either A: live in a bubble or B: get the virus. I am not going to live in fear, fear of dying which is a fact of life.

What has a "bubble" got to do with not wanting to cause someone else's death?

I'm ready to die if the Powers That Be so dictate. The people I might bring death to by me infecting them might not be ready to die.

In other words ... my life is not all about me.

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

ExxWhy

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 08:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been wondering for several pages when the shut it down crowd thinks we should return to some sort of normalcy? No opinions on that?

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 09:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wuhan China ends lockdown as Covid19 efectively controled

https://youtu.be/H6dQVyz0syw

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.