Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: And Texas Caves In
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next
DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Not sure a gym is a requirement for healthy life.

A lockdown is not a requirement for healthy life, either, but if you want to hide under your bed you should have the right to do so. And the rest of us should be free to go to the gym or any other business.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 07:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

There are no credible doctors or scientists that think the reopening of the sates is a prudent idea . The idea that you go back to "normal" is truly idiotic.

Although people are pissed about the hunkering down most will listen to logic and those that won't will join the statistics.

No, idiotic is letting scientists make public policy. The public should make public policy. Science is only one aspect of making a prudent decision. Ignoring the other aspects is "truly idiotic".

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 07:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AJR wrote:

I do not like the thought of me being a "Domino". I would like to see my 78th birthday.

Is there something wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that. If you are concerned for your health then stay home. Very simple.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 07:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AJR wrote:

I do not like the thought of me being a "Domino". I would like to see my 78th birthday.

There's nothing wrong with you surviving. What is wrong is shutting down society and hurting, maybe even killing, millions of innocent people because you are afraid. Buck up.

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 07:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

Nothing wrong with that. If you are concerned for your health then stay home. Very simple.

Well said, and those you are telling to stay home hope that those in denial suffer greatly at the hands of the virus.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 07:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Those with underlying health concerns you know who you and they are. Keep them isolated til this blows over.

Simple as that as those are the ones actually dying.

So far we haven't managed to do that very well. Lots of people dying in nursing homes.

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 07:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AJR wrote:

Simply protect yourself and you will be fine.

My wife does not have the best lungs. I have made it my mission to keep her safe!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 08:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My county w a world renowned ski area had an early rush of disease and they are opening it back up now. The issue is there is insufficient testing to determine what % of population is currently sick. We need 150 tests/100,000 people to determine w any confidence what is actually going on and we only have 28/100,000 right now. The major hotspots like NY, Boston, NO, Detroit, etc are getting the lions share of the extremely limited tests.

Unfortunately the construction and landscape workforce is not complying w social distancing and mask wearing which they agreed to as a condition of being able to work. So not enough tests, combined w a mobile work force is going to be trouble. They or their family all go to the store, post office, the lumber yard, stop for coffee, etc, etc. (The effin skate park is open!!) They are supposed to be taking care on the job and they are lax. An increase of cases will compound the problem of lack of PPE and ICU beds in our rural area.

The drs that say we overdid the restrictions are in some cases correct, but based on the lack of testing there is no way to tell what areas are safe now, and conversely when they become unsafe.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 08:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Those with underlying health concerns you know who you and they are. Keep them isolated til this blows over.

So far we haven't managed to do that very well. Lots of people dying in nursing homes.

I suspect the reason is,those places dont get any fresh air especialy in winter,just keep recirculating stale air full of viruses.

One person gets sick and many others catch it too.

Same thing hapened on those Cruise ships.

All AC ducts are conected,just like in the house heating systems.

one of my friends likes to go on cruise w his wife and he always complains how bad the air is in the cabin,
the air conditioners must have some mold growing in the ducts most likely

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 09:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

Lantley wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I suspect the reason is,those places dont get any fresh air especialy in winter,just keep recirculating stale air full of viruses.

One person gets sick and many others catch it too.

Same thing hapened on those Cruise ships.

All AC ducts are conected,just like in the house heating systems.

one of my friends likes to go on cruise w his wife and he always complains how bad the air is in the cabin,
the air conditioners must have some mold growing in the ducts most likely

"Lots" of people dying in nursing homes is because lots of people in nursing homes are elderly and/or have underlying medical conditions which are exactly this virus' targets. Also, the ones with large death rates are the only ones making the news so it creates observation bias. My question is how many nursing homes are doing just fine with the proper precautions?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.