Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Diesel heater
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Diesel heater

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Darryl&Rita

Grande Prairie, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/20 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They need service. Unless you want the smell of diesel fuel in the rig, mount them outside. The service includes breaking the fuel lines to replace the nozzle and filter.

***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/20 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All Sprinters with the option have those heaters mounted inside since Sprinter has very convenient space for it in passenger seat pedestal.
Nobody complains about smell.

JD5150

Anywhere

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/20 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tuna fisher wrote:

I've looked at YT but all are install in van, want to see in use in TC. Don't want to install tank on the outside and prefer to install in exsiting heater space where current Duro Flame is. If that can't be done I'll stick with the Duro as I don't use heater that much. My main reason for wanting is battery use, from what I understand it uses very little power.

Look up Explorer 867 on You Tube. He does a very clean install in a commercial truck canopy/cap. He has part 1 & 2 videos and the controller setup video. Total of three videos. His videos are very easy to follow.
He uses a two gallon boat fuel tank for the diesel inside the cap. Hope that helps.

tuna fisher

joshua tree ,ca.

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/20 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JD5150 wrote:

tuna fisher wrote:

I've looked at YT but all are install in van, want to see in use in TC. Don't want to install tank on the outside and prefer to install in exsiting heater space where current Duro Flame is. If that can't be done I'll stick with the Duro as I don't use heater that much. My main reason for wanting is battery use, from what I understand it uses very little power.

Look up Explorer 867 on You Tube. He does a very clean install in a commercial truck canopy/cap. He has part 1 & 2 videos and the controller setup video. Total of three videos. His videos are very easy to follow.
He uses a two gallon boat fuel tank for the diesel inside the cap. Hope that helps.
JD, Thanks for the YT video tip, very good explanation of the heater install. Answered a lot of questions in reguards to size and space needed, which with a TC is important.

2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!">

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/20 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Darryl&Rita wrote:

They need service. Unless you want the smell of diesel fuel in the rig, mount them outside. The service includes breaking the fuel lines to replace the nozzle and filter.

Can you elaborate? How often do they need servicing? What is involved?
What are you mounting outside, the tank?

The heated air will not smell of diesel.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/20 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maintenance video

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Diesel heater
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.