cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blind spot camera

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Got one installed today and it is integrated into the radio/stereo along with the back up camera. It is an Echomaster pro with 80 deg field of view and adjustable camera. Installed it under the mirror much like the newer ones found in the new mirrors. Seems like it will work well.

The shop said they can get a wireless so I can get it installed on the rear for better observation of clearances from vehicles when trying to move back over to the lane. Current built in does not offer view past the towed vehicle so lane change clearance is iffy . It will also integrate with the radio system or I can install a small monitor for it.

Added upgraded door speakers and they are sounding so much better than the oem stuff. Maybe get the rear camera in week or so?
6 REPLIES 6

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
The previous owner of my class C installed little convex bubble mirrors on the side rear view mirrors, and they do an excellent job of showing what is in the blind spot (and also showing well where the side of the motorhome is in relation to the lane lines). I'm sure camera systems can also do a good job; but mirrors have their advantages, too, such as being about as reliable as any technology comes and not breaking the bank.

For that matter, there's no reason why one can't have both convex mirrors and a camera system.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Depth perception has nothing to do with it. Idiot drivers who sit in the blind spot or tailgate are the issues and believe me there are many of them. I have commercial license so I see it everyday. You pass someone and they stay just off you bumper to keep you from coming over so yes a blind spot is needed, if not needed why are they hot sellers on NEW VEHICLES (and advertised as a SAFETY item)?

Go to echomaster.com and look for the pcam-bs1 for how it looks It shows it cost a little over $100 there. I had upgraded radio speakers also installed so it cost me $250 for everything. Rrnie, I can send you an installed pic but need you to pm me with a good email address. I had it installed on a 2012 Winnebago Aspect, a B+.

hoosiermark
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a honda CRV with sideview camera for several years. It is wonderful. I will miss it when we need to trade. It allows me to check the traffic and gauge the speed of the cars in the next lane, allows me to check the clearance with or without turning my turn signal on etc. Wife and I find it very, very helpful I am considering adding it to my Promaster class B. I can only imagine how nice it would be when backing in to a camping spot and checking for clearence and tree limbs.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can agree with speaker or Navigation radio upgrade over OEM stuff but can't see the need for sideview cameras.

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I'd really like to see the unit installed. What make of vehicle and rv do you have? Cost?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If this addition makes you more comfortable, buy it. However, have you had your depth perception checked recently?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad