cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The newer wingman upgrade info

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I have been seeing the newer winegard wingman advertised for anywhere between $30 and $60, and am curious if it is worth the upgrade over the old wingman ? Anyone experienced w/ the new wingman ?
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.
11 REPLIES 11

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you saying the difference between the old wingman and the new one is other than cosmetic? If so, what is the difference. Explain to me why I have no idea what I'm talking about. Give us details.

Richard

My most sincere apologies!!!! I didn't see anything "new" about the Wingman so I "assumed" you were referring to the performance of the Wingman itself. I have deleted my post and again apologize for the inaccurate post.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
RJsfishin wrote:
I have been seeing the newer winegard wingman advertised for anywhere between $30 and $60, and am curious if it is worth the upgrade over the old wingman ? Anyone experienced w/ the new wingman ?

I suspect RJ meant to say, "...over the old batwing..." , which has caused the confusion. (A Senior Moment like some of us know about too well? )
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
The provided link to Winegard shows $37.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think he was saying the difference between the "Old" and the "new" wingmans is cosmetic. both the old and the new wingman work identically.. I suspect that is the case as well.. Both are 3 element director arrays..

I would expect both to give identical performance

And I can tell you it is a BIG improvement over the basic Sensar II or III

60 bucks though.... When I accidently ripped the Sensar III with Wingman of my Rig I replaced with a Sensar IV (Wingman built in) I think I paid 50 bucks for it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
The ad that I got said "upgrade" which I thought meant to upgrade from the old style to the newer style. But now I believe they just changed the appearance and design a bit. It is definently different than the last 2 that I had from some years ago. But it is probably just a later model and the only model made now. It is the only one you will find on ebay. And therefore may just be cosmedic from the old style to the new. I think Bill thought that Richard's post was saying the the wingman in itself was cosmedic, just a misunderstanding I believe.
Rich

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
The Wingman came out about eleven years ago, I see that the elements are now mill finish aluminum and no longer painted. Unless the OP can show us a link to a โ€œnewโ€ design, this is a nothingburger.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
It is absolutely NOT cosmetic! The poster has no idea what he's talking about.
$30 or less is reasonable but don't pay $60.

Are you saying the difference between the old wingman and the new one is other than cosmetic? If so, what is the difference. Explain to me why I have no idea what I'm talking about. Give us details.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a link to the "new" Wingman? The one on the Winegard site looks the same as the one I bought a few years ago.

Wingman UHF Booster (RV-Wing)
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
It's just cosmetic. The Wingman is still just some directors in front of the driven element.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson