cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Problems with past RV Parks you've stayed at?

SkyWriting
Explorer
Explorer
Over the course of the last 12 months, what has been your most consistent present problem?
46 REPLIES 46

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Frozen001 wrote:
SDcampowneroperator wrote:
back ins with hookups on tthe door, right side? I have seen this design for motorhomes to pull in headfirst then back out due to the land Built some in my camp after seeing it done well in Spring Branch, Tx. MHers love it, their view is forward, open to scenery, and easier to back out of than into.
issue is that the camp MUST designate MH Only for a site so built. Sadly, not all camp operators are up to speed on rv design and needs.

Seems to me that on sites like this is might be advantageous to have them on BOTH side, that way you do not limit who can use it. If done during initial build or infrastructure upgrades, seems like a minimal investment to make the site always available.
The camp in Spring Branch, Tx. did it that way because of the hill in front, So did we because of the drop off. There was no way to pull in a trailer and get the Tow unhooked and around. To place hookups on the side where a trailer could also use it would be in the way of slides, risk to damage to unit and pedestal.
Placing hookups on both sides works for buddy sites But where is the $ sense in it? A 15' sewer hose reaches under. $500 wont do it, for that, then theres the issue of door to door when they arent buddies.
Many A MH ers have a ' class' concept to towable units. This is clear in the many MH Only ( Flat Bus Front Only, no Truck front Renegade types alowed) Its their right, same as an HOA has rules, To us rules limiting type, age, ( of unit and occupants) smack of some idea of supremacy due to a type of unit, , dare we say bigotry.?
We are so glad to have sold our camp.

Frozen001
Explorer
Explorer
back ins with hookups on tthe door, right side? I have seen this design for motorhomes to pull in headfirst then back out due to the land Built some in my camp after seeing it done well in Spring Branch, Tx. MHers love it, their view is forward, open to scenery, and easier to back out of than into.
issue is that the camp MUST designate MH Only for a site so built. Sadly, not all camp operators are up to speed on rv design and needs.

Seems to me that on sites like this is might be advantageous to have them on BOTH side, that way you do not limit who can use it. If done during initial build or infrastructure upgrades, seems like a minimal investment to make the site always available.
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CCSB 6.6l Duramax
2019 Grand Design 3170BH

2-Crazy Red Heads, an patient wife and me.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer

a campground North of Baltimore on the bay has some of these pull in sites overlooking the bay.
bumpy

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
Everybody thinks they need a fire so big it smokes up everybody for a mile around.
So big a world, so little time to see.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
The wife and I have been camping long enough that most places we go we've already been there and know what to expect.

BUT,this one particular CG that we visit often, renovated the sites using chip and tar.....we got that stuff all over the inside of trailer.

Another thing that leaves me questioning.....why do some back in sites have the hookups on the living side of trailer ?

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
all in all we usually get what we expect given we frequent the same handfull of parks most times. i guess if i could change something id space things out more and add more bush between sites.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

Frozen001
Explorer
Explorer
I know this is a bit of an old topic, but after getting back last wek from camping a big one for me and my wife is people willy nilly walking through your site to go to another location on the grounds. We never do it, always use the roads, and treat a site as we would if a house were there.
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CCSB 6.6l Duramax
2019 Grand Design 3170BH

2-Crazy Red Heads, an patient wife and me.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Loud music, drunks, barking dogs, uncontrolled kids, and Christmas tree lit RV's. Turn off the da*m lights.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too much pavement, high density, not level sites, difficult access, too loud, no privacy, no shade, high cost. Otherwise they are great.

DannyA
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with many others, music, tv's etc are a real problem.
No one wants to hear someone else's music.
Campgrounds should stop this quickly.
2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
We requirED leases on cats for the safety of the cat, control its faeces, and for our wildlife. A cat is a hunter. It will kill anything it can and bring it home. Tell me about your cat that only brings home rodents and not birds.

When I was a kid on the farm, Kiowa co. Ks., we had a colony of Western Kingbirds. People from colleges and all around came to study them, but we also had to control rodents in hay, grain, buildings. My pappys ( BS ag, Friends U, Wichita ) solution was bull snakes, no cats except the indoor house cat, we would catch every bull snake we saw and release it in the hay stack. Bingo! no mice, lots of birds.

Not a good solution in parks or camps with campers unfounded, uneducated fear of snakes.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
Off-leash dogs.
Now that's something my cat and I have not had a big problem with. Most parks seem pretty strict about leashes, except on cats. ๐Ÿ™‚
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
"I've seen it all" is a pretty bold statement.
Have you seen bad acid trips, stampeding elk, a knife fight, two grizzlies fighting over your cooler?