cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's happening with your summer gig?

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Curious what people Were doing for the summer and what are you being told so far?
I am sure most don't know what to tell you am curious..
Hubby has maintenance job at Grand Tetons and we did get a call today to report a week later than original date.
7 REPLIES 7

soon2bexpat
Explorer
Explorer
I was supposed to start my workamping summer gig as a cook on 5/15 in MN. They're closed, don't know when they're going to open and are not sure if they will be taking on workampers after all. So, come 5/15, I'll be filing for unemployment.
Kodachrome Time Machine, my vintage photo collection from the 1940s to the 1970s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not workamping, but have a seasonal site planned with a deposit down. They were supposed to open May 1 (weather too cold until then) and with the current MI stay at home until Apr 30th, they are planning on May 15th. They are allowing cancellations with no fees and extended the date to pay any balances until you arrive and they are open. If the gov extends the stay at home, the open date will be later. They are also pro-rating reductions to the rate starting from May 1st.

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Being in Workamper section, I was looking for summer job responses here.
Sorry for all the other trips that have been canceled.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Two month long summer trip cancelled. Hope to do a couple of one weekers late summer - hoping all will be better by then.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Canceled it, staying home.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We have reservations for every other weekend during the summer, starting with Memorial day.
At this point, our state parks are closed until May 4. I'm cautiously optimistic they'll be open for the Holiday.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Only a week? Iโ€™m surprised.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad