cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone have a favorite RV wax ???

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used car wax, Nu Finish (great on the cars) on my 09 Heartland RV. It has no oxidation but wax job looks splotchy. The metal and plastic parts shine teriffic but not the gel coat. Anyone have a wax they like?
Thanks
Art
34 REPLIES 34

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:
Yeah, itโ€™s right there next to my tractor wax, bicycle wax, mustache wax, and bikini wax.

I canโ€™t quite read the brand name, but maybe you recognize the label.

:):)

Hey! I do wax some of my tractors...

I have used ProtectAll on RV's for years. I don't think it lasts as long as other waxes, but there are no white lines where you didn't get the wax off and I like the fact that you can use it on fiberglass, steel, aluminum, plastic, chrome and rubber. A few years back I even put it on my old black garden hose to stop getting black on my hands every time I handled the hose.

A friend of mine used to use it his "show" motorcycle. He used it on every part (although using it on the seat can make for a slippery ride!). It's very slippery stuff!

Readily available at Walmart in the RV section.
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

Philipclopez
Explorer
Explorer
I love Meguiarโ€™s M5032. It is a non-abrasive cleaner and protectant that delivers more-than-satisfying outcomes in one quick step.

Lightning55
Explorer
Explorer
Gearitis wrote:
I have been using Meguiars Flagship Marine Clearner Wax for a few years and then the Same Premium Wax. Wipe on, let it dry a few minutes and wipe off and it always left a very reflective shine. UV resistant is a plus. I wax once a year and use the Cameco Wash and Wax and it always cleans it up and shines again.

I also use Meguiars Marine Wax. Easy to apply and wipe off and gets great results and has the UV protection that I wanted for my FW front cap that I had painted last year.

Vvvv1010
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
Vvvv1010 wrote:
:B

Did you think Turtle wax was hard to get off? Seems to me it was much harder to get off than MeQuires. I'm pretty lazy you know. I like easy.

Terry,
Yes, they are all hard to take off. Take care sir.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 Ford F250 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Two 10'0 Kayaks

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
So after reading all these it's obvious any good wax works well! Problem solved.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Veebyes wrote:
Lots of them give the gratification of an easy wonderful shine.

The difference is the durability of that shine. The difference here will be found in the quality & price of the product. No matter the quality the labour to apply it is about the same. How much is your time worth? Me, I'd rather use a well respected marine product which cost $10 more a bottle & is good for once a year than go cheap & have the unit looking like it needs doing again in 3 months.

agree, and Not only that. but care between waxing is important. Never use dish soap, It strips the wax off.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of them give the gratification of an easy wonderful shine.

The difference is the durability of that shine. The difference here will be found in the quality & price of the product. No matter the quality the labour to apply it is about the same. How much is your time worth? Me, I'd rather use a well respected marine product which cost $10 more a bottle & is good for once a year than go cheap & have the unit looking like it needs doing again in 3 months.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Gearitis wrote:
I have been using Meguiars Flagship Marine Clearner Wax for a few years and then the Same Premium Wax. Wipe on, let it dry a few minutes and wipe off and it always left a very reflective shine. UV resistant is a plus. I wax once a year and use the Cameco Wash and Wax and it always cleans it up and shines again.

I just used the Premium wax on my fiver this week with excellent results. I was shocked at the shine afterwards including on the back cap. My only gripe would be is that it would be nice to have some color to the wax so it is easier to see areas that are missed while removing the product.

My neighbour got me on to this wax last year after I bought my boat.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Gearitis
Explorer
Explorer
2015 F-350 King Ranch
2015 Sabre Silhouette Select 312RKDS

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vvvv1010 wrote:
Before I use Meguiars Cleaner Wax or Meguiars Gold Carnuba Wax, I wash our Jayco with Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax. About $8 for the wash and wax bottle and about $8 for the wax container at Wal-Mart, Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, supermarkets. Nothing fancy, not expensive, not hard to find.

Turtle Wax Ice, Mother's, and Chemical Guys are also good products I've used. :B

Did you think Turtle wax was hard to get off? Seems to me it was much harder to get off than MeQuires. I'm pretty lazy you know. I like easy.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
Last coat - does a remarkable job.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, itโ€™s right there next to my tractor wax, bicycle wax, mustache wax, and bikini wax.

I canโ€™t quite read the brand name, but maybe you recognize the label.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Bought my first vehicle in '61 (used '58 GMC pickup). I';ve used a lot of different brand but I've found for my use Meguiars Cleaner Wax stays on longer than other brands.
My '97 5er still shines like new. I wax it maybe every 6-7 years but wax the front cap 2-3 times a season. Bugs spray right off the cap with a hose.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Vvvv1010
Explorer
Explorer
Before I use Meguiars Cleaner Wax or Meguiars Gold Carnuba Wax, I wash our Jayco with Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax. About $8 for the wash and wax bottle and about $8 for the wax container at Wal-Mart, Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, supermarkets. Nothing fancy, not expensive, not hard to find.

Turtle Wax Ice, Mother's, and Chemical Guys are also good products I've used. :B
2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 Ford F250 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Two 10'0 Kayaks