Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Forest Service closes all camp grounds in OR - Sept. 30th
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Forest Service closes all camp grounds in OR - Sept. 30th

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 09:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the topic of the governor’s order, the September date is primarily administrative because it needed some kind of date. It’s likely set way far beyond what would ever be needed to avoid having to update it yet again, which is what happened to some that were originally set to expire in early April. All of the orders are effectively “until rescinded” and shouldn’t last until September. I really hope I’m right.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 10:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

“This is getting out of hand.” What? It’s “out of hand” in Illinois...19,180 infected and 677 deaths. Oregon doesn’t want to follow Illinois.

Those are the numbers they want you to believe! They aren’t giving us the real numbers. Only the numbers they want us to hear so they can continue to push us and see how far we will go. There are 12 million people
In IL, of that 677 have died. Those are the numbers that should be looked at.. that’s .00005642%.

To put it in perspective, in 2017 80,000 people died in the U.S. from the regular flu that we have a vaccination for! COVID-19 right now is at 22,000!!!!! Now explain to me how this is worse than the flu other than it lingers longer in your system?

People get sick and people die. That’s life! Sorry to be blunt, but this is what we were taught in school!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mileshuff

Phoenix, AZ.

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/20 08:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

“In the USA they are counting anyone who died and had Covid a Covid death regardless of actual cause.”

Please document your source, miles, and who are “they?”

It has been stated numerous times. Most recently by Dr. Deborah Brix in last weeks Covid briefing.

2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/20 08:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read it was 61,000 flu-related deaths in 2017-2018.

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/20 09:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I few weeks ago I got a letter from the Oregon State Parks explaining why they closed - one of the logics behind their move was their desire to keep campers from infecting the small communities near the parks. Those small communities have very limited medical facilities and would be easily overwhelmed by the virus. Kinda made sense to me and in the big picture closure is just an inconvenience and if it helps contain the virus then so be it.

Kevin

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Forest Service closes all camp grounds in OR - Sept. 30th
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.